Hawkins of Bath
$108
$100
Hilton
  • Room Service
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$113
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$89
Harington's Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$113
$110
  • Room Service
All reviewslansdown roomfamily suitefantastic hostscity centrefresh fruit saladwonderful guesthouseguest loungeguest housewarm welcomea wonderful staythe ground flooroff road parkinghome away from homeon arrivalrooms are beautifuldiscount cardbreakfast was delicious
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I found this litle bed and breakfast on Trip Advisor. Once in a while you come across a little gem and this was definitely it. Diane and Glyn could not be more helpful and welcoming. Our room the Bathwick Suite was lovely, especially the gorgeous big bathroom. The breakfast were freshly cooked - I loved the fruit salad and my partner could not stop eating the sausages! During our four day stay our bed linen was changed our room beautifully serviced. If you do decide to walk into town you can walk along the canal path - what hardship is that! I cannot recommend this little place highly enough. I wish Diane and Glyn every success.

Room Tip: If you like a large bathroom with separate shower the Bathwick is stunning. Diane's favourite room is the Landsdown as it has lots of natural light.
1  Thank Jak Jak G
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Glyn and Diane are quite simply fantastic hosts. Even if the quality of Hawkins of Bath wasn't quite the best, you'd still want to stay there because of G and D! But have no fear - the place IS to the same standard as the people who run it. Breakfasts (including the amazing freshly-made, multi-fruit cocktail) were delicious, and the room very comfortable and spotlessly clean. The walk into town is most enjoyable, as a good bit of the journey is through the delightful park. All in all, I don't think we'll even bother trying anywhere else when we're in Bath - why risk disappointment? Thanks again for a lovely stay and lots of good chat, G and D!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Could not fault our stay with Diane and Glyn. We were welcomed with a cup of tea and friendly chat and shown to our spacious and immaculately furnished room with en-suite (the bed was incredibly comfortable and the room very quiet). Breakfasts were just right with a wide variety of choice and high quality food. During our 3 night stay, nothing was too much for our hosts, they even gave us a lift down to Bath centre on our first evening in their car. They genuinely seemed to enjoy looking after us and sharing their love of Bath.

Room Tip: all the rooms appeared equally good.
1  Thank SRandAG
Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I had a wonderful stay at Hawkins of Bath. Glyn and Diane are brilliant hosts who do their upmost to make you feel welcomed and comfortable.

We had a room on the bottom floor which was spacious, comfortable and had a brilliant bathroom.

Breakfast was great; a selection of fruit, yogurt, cereals or a cooked breakfast.

The location is also great, just a twenty-minute walk into the centre of town or a five-minute cab ride. I highly recommended staying with Glyn as Diane: you won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I would not want to stay anywhere else in Bath! We stayed on the 2nd March, as I was running the Bath Half Marathon on Sunday. When we first arrived we couldn't believe our eyes at how big and beautiful our room was! Everything was luxurious (from the giant bed, to the amazing bathroom) and incredibly spotless! But the thing that makes Hawkins such a great find is the owners Diane and Glyn - not only did they stand outside the house and cheer me on (the route goes past it twice), they bought me a box of chocolates to say well done! Plus let me come back in and shower that afternoon after checking out. Seriously, I doubt you would find service like this anywhere else. Breakfast was delicious and they gave us advice on what to see in Bath. I couldn't recommend this place any more!

1  Thank Gemma W