Royal Hotel
$106
Hilton
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$107
$142
$128
  • Room Service
$196
The Abbey Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$185
Hotels.com
$180
$175
1,347 results
All reviewstrain stationcream teawowcher dealtravelling by trainbath spa railway stationground coffeemanvers streetspa packagebreakfast and dinnersuperior roomroman bathsbiscuitsthermae sparestaurant stafflovely hotelexcellent locationeggs benedict
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 30, 2013

We stayed here for the Bath Christmas markets. The hotel is ideally situated, literally directly opposite the train station, and about 5 minutes walk from the town centre.

The hotel itself although dated in parts is clean and comfortable, the bathrooms also have a full size bath with an overhead shower, which is perfect for chilly nights.

We didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on the food there, but the breakfast was adequate, and the hot options cooked to order.

The staff were unfailingly polite and helpful, and went to great lengths to fix a minor issue we had when we arrived.

I would recommend this hotel to ayone staying in Bath.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Just had a couple of days in Bath, as i have heard a lot regarding this Georgian city. Booked into the Royal Hotel just outside the station - this was very convenient for my husband and i as we came by by train and didn't want to drive.
This was a very good hotel, i.e. friendly professional staff on reception, bar, restaurant and breakfast room.
Food very good quality - bar prices reasonable - good selection of breakfast.
I loved the decor of the hotel - and the fact that they have refurbished this with the 'Great Isambard Kingdom Brunel' in mind.
They kindly let us leave our luggage with them ( after check out ) until our train was due.
When we return to Bath in the summer months we will not hesitate to book into this hotel.
Could not find any faults: FANTASTIC

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Went for one night only by train so great position . paid extra for 2 sup. rooms, asked for adjoining rooms as two ladies on our own, was given one on second floor and one on third ! third floor room much bigger for same price. the room décor was good although my drape over bed was ripped and held together with pin (not a good look) lovely white cotton sheets and towels and very good extras, including fresh coffee, biscuits, tea and chocolate and water, robes and slippers. unfortunately my room was not cleaned properly, dust on window ledges and ring around bath and no blind in bathroom - room 204 .Breakfast was really good with plenty of choice and the staff were all lovely, very attentive - now the let down - I had approx. 1.1/2 hours sleep !! kept awake by trains, taxi rank outside window, load noisy people about until 3.30am lorries and motor bikes oh and also next doors flush on my wall, couldn't get up to walk around as the floors were so creaky and didn't want to disturb other guest (unlike the person who used the loo, slammed the door and pulled the flush 6 times before 2.30am ! for someone who sleeps well through noise it was good value, but unfortunately not for me, my second day at the Christmas market was spoiled as I and my friend (who had the same problem in the room above me) were so tired we went home at lunchtime instead of evening as planned.

Room Tip: I think all the sup. rooms are on the front and don't know what the standard rooms are like but they have to be quieter !
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
PatronHandR, Owner at Royal Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

I am responding to this review as one of the Directors of the company that owns The Royal Hotel.

Having checked the booking we find no reference for a request of two rooms adjoining. Had this request been made, we would have had to advise this customer that we did not have two superior rooms adjoining.

I am disappointed to learn that there was dust on the window ledges and even more concerned to find there was a “ring” around the bath as we pride ourselves in our housekeeping standards as evidenced from the reviews which we receive regarding the high standard of housekeeping but it would appear that on this occasion that our standards lapsed, for which we apologise.

There is no need for a blind in this particular bathroom as the windows are frosted and therefore there is complete privacy.

We very much regret that on this particular night that our guests were disturbed by noise from the taxi rank and other sources. We do our best to ensure that the taxi drivers behave responsibly in keeping their noise to a minimum especially late in the evening, however, we are city centre hotel and inevitably there will be some noise from the streets.

With regards to trains I am surprised our guest was kept awake as the passenger trains cease at around 11.30 p.m/midnight and I can only assume that if there were other trains going through the station in the early hours of the morning they must have been freight trains which is an exception.

We also regret that the customer using the room adjoining was noisy.

On the plus side we are delighted to read the very favourable comments regarding the quality of the sheets and towels together with the facilities in the bedrooms and additionally the quality of our breakfast and our “lovely” staff who we are very proud of.

Ron Zanre
Director

Reviewed November 27, 2013

I selected this hotel after reading some excellent reviews on trip advisor.
The reviews were certainly correct.
This is a really lovely, comfortable and clean hotel.
All the staff were friendly and polite.
The room we had was spacious (especially for English hotels) and the bed very comfortable.
The bathroom was roomy,functional, clean and well appointed.
The bar and the restaurant is really a great place to settle on a cold English night and the food was as good as it gets.
And it does have an elevator.
If travelling by car (as we did) you will need to park it in a car park. There is one just up the street and it is an easy (flat), short walk to the hotel. Make sure you have adequate change with you.
If travelling by train,no worries, the station is opposite the hotel.
The red tour bus stop is about 50feet away.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great to stay in a hotel that's almost on the platform of the station but without the noise! My room was spacious and had a nice selection of teas and fresh cafetiere coffee; the bed was comfortable with quality linen... free WIFI and free bottle of water topped off the stay. Great value.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business