“royal hotel bath”

Ranked #16 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Worcester, United Kingdom
“royal hotel bath”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

lovely hotel, lovely room, lovely dinner and breakfast [included in our deal ] , exceptionally good reception staff [ no request too much]. Hotel in a great position for visiting the town. On a noisy junction, so ask for a rear room; not much of a problem though.

Room Tip: Why bother with a car.Arrive by coach or train just across the road.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (306)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel came at the end of our Valentine weekend away to several different hotels in the South, and it made the holiday complete. We both enjoyed our one night here immensely. Our room was small but romantic. Plenty of towels and products. Very clean and comfortable. Our dinner bed and breakfast deal was excellent value. We would stay there again for sure. Particularly as Bath is superb and the hotel is perfect for exploring all the wonderful tourist locations. Look forward to next time.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2013

spent the night 23/02/13 with freinds as wanted to visit the therme spa and stay over night in bath. as soon as we arrived the staff could not have been more helpfull. they had allready purchased the therme spa tickets on our behalf and they were waiting for us at reception on arrival.when we got to our rooms there were bags waiting for us containing a bath sheet, slippers and toiletries to take to the spa.in our room which was of good size and tastefully decorated we had a bottle of hardys chardannay, fruit bowl, bottled water and chocolates on our pillows (which were duck feather and down and really comfy). there was a well stocked hospitality tray with filter or instant coffee, tea and bouchards hot chocalate and buiscuits.on inspection of the bathroom there were plenty of tolietries and white fluffy towels warming on a heated towel rail.we rang down to reception for an ice bucket with ice and it arrived straight away with a freindly smile and wine glass.the staff could not do enough for us nothing was too much trouble.the 3 course a la carte meal was amazing as was breakfast.they kept our bags in a locked cupbaurd after checkout so we could shop before we returned home.we reported to the manager how pleased we were with the service and today i receaved an email thanking us for our visit and offering a 10% discount off further stays.we will definetly be back.also right opposite train and bus station

Room Tip: book direct with the hotel its cheaper than travel zoo and you only have to pay £20 deposit per pers...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank louloubell09
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Ok, lets get the negative issues out the way first. Yes, when my girlfriend and I stayed we experienced a few issues due to the chamber staff/the room, although these were rectified immediately and the Manager, Mike MacDermid, apologised for any inconvenience. I honestly believe these were an unfortunate sequence of events. The hotel reception/front of house staff were fantastic, polite, attentive and they genuinely seemed to enjoy their jobs. The superior room was a good size, decorated in keeping with the theme of the hotel, large comfortable bed and a fair sized bathroom with a very refreshing shower, lots of hot water and good pressure.

We ate in the hotel Brassiere and my girlfriend’s rump steak was cooked to perfection, melt in the mouth was the only was to describe it. I had the mixed grill which was good; steak was a little over cooked for my liking, but not an issue. The cooked breakfasts, eggs benedicts, scrambled eggs and salmon were tasty and there were no complaints about the buffet of pastries, muesli, fresh fruit/juice etc.

Bath itself is a great place to visit and I would recommend The Royal Hotel. It’s a nice hotel, made so by the front of house staff, in a goodl location, with the Roman Baths, Thermae Spa, Pulteney Bridge and a huge variety of restaurants only a short walk away.

Room Tip: Request a room at the rear of the hotel.
1 Thank mtbkayaker
Riverdale
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I did a lot of searching on TripAdvisor to select hotels for my trip to the UK. I was pleased with the Royal Hotel, which I chose mainly because it is right across the street from the train station, so I could easily get there with my luggage. From TA reviews, I knew to ask for a quiet room, and I got it. I had a single room at the back of the hotel. It was small but had everything I needed. The bath even had a tub--a pleasant surprise. With free WiFi and breakfast, I found the rates very reasonable. The staff were friendly. The room was very clean. Bath is a compact city, so I had no trouble walking everywhere I wanted to go. If I ever return to Bath, I will certainly consider staying here again.

Room Tip: If you want a quiet room, ask for one at the back.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ann W
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My partner and I have just returned from a weekend at the Roayl Hotel in Bath. It was absolutely great, the hotel is in a prime spot for accessing all the City's sights and shops and the staff could not have been more friendly and courteous.
I had read mixed reviews as you get with most hotels and was a bit wary when told we were being put in a front bedroom opposite the station. Ok, the room was a little small but more than enough for our stay, impeccably clean and the bathroom/shower clinically clean.It was also very easy to sleep (no noise- even though the Rugby had been on earlier so a lot of drinking activity everywhere but not that we heard a thing)
We ate in the bistro restaurant and the food/service for dinner and brekkie was excellent.
I would definitely stay here again and would say that anyone having concerns- don't, it is good!!

Room Tip: We thought a rear room was the preference to keep away from noise but we were in 101 on the front an...
2 Thank barryc17
Fleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Staff were excellent, food was very nice, (5 course Valentines menu). Location is perfect if arriving by train. Also if shopping is a priority. And also if (like us) if your going to visit the Thermae.