“Highly recommend, beautiful and accomodating”
Review of Tasburgh House

Tasburgh House
Ranked #7 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
“Highly recommend, beautiful and accomodating”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

The property cannot be more beautiful, it is close to the center of town and Sue is extremely warm and hospital. I would highly recommend this house to anyone. I travelled there alone and Sue made me quite comfortable. It would be very fun for a girls weekend or a couple.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Beth R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (214)
Canton of Zug, Switzerland
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in October, visiting my son at Bath Spa Uni.

The hotel is relatively easy to find, down a small drive on a main road.

The first thing you notice upon walking in is Sue, the owner. She is waiting for you with a genuinely friendly welcome, the keys and lots of advice on where to go and what to see. Sue remembers you and seems genuinely interested in what you are doing and does everything she can to help. I noticed the small boy in one family asking his Mom: "Where's Sue?" as they were leaving - now that's special.

The rooms are above average for a good English B&B. I have Room 14, a decent sized Double, with a view of the impressive garden. It welcomed me with a Teddy on the bed! Clean, roomy, with a good bathroom/shower, lots of hot water a (small) flat screen TV and free WiFi.

The bed was amazing. Maybe it was the jetlag but I slept VERY well.

The breakfast is really good. Go for the classic Full English. Poached eggs, toast, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes and baked beans ... all perfectly cooked - not to the usual English over-cooked standards!

The only VERY minor niggle is there is no food available in the evenings, largely as Sue is left on her own then. If you want a snack, bring one along or visit one of the many nearby restaurants Sue recommends.

The location is good. A 20 minute walk along the picture perfect canal into Bath. I noticed 3 foxes playing in the garden when I was on an early morning walk.

I really enjoyed my stay here and will not hesitate to return when I visit my son again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mark_from_Thailand
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Tasburgh House is gorgeous and Sue was a superb host - very welcoming and eager to please. My room was well appointed and a decent size, with attention to detail and a lovely bathroom. The view from the terrace was gorgeous and you can walk down to the canal through the gardens at the rear of the house and from there into Bath. I had the continental breakfasts, which were excellent, with helpful attentive staff. I would love to stay there again. Thanks Sue.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
uk res
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

A charming welcome from Sue ensures a very smooth stay.A reasonably sized bedroom well kitted-out.perhaps the bathroom could have been larger. A very good breakfast.Sue could not have been more helpful, with taxis etc...we will return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
reigate
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Two friends my wife and I spent the best two days at Tasburgh House ever. Sue our host was very attentive and caring to all our needs. The breakfast was just perfect especially for my wife who likes the continental way to start the day! One night we walked through the grounds of Tasburgh House along the river to Bath took about half an hour, you must do it! There is nothing negative to say about our stay, just perfect. We will try and return soon.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Carl R
Buenos Aires
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have been visitng Bath a couple of days ago, just for one night (would like to have more time there!) and we stayed at the Tasburgh. Everything was excellent: the room, every other common place, the breakfast and what for us is very important: the kind, very kind, atittude of the people at the hotel that makes a huge difference. We felt that all the staff, like Susan the owner, Dalila at the reception desk, were always trying to help and solve our necessities. Would like to come back to Bath, a beatiful city with very nice people, and very specially to be back at the Tasburgh.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kirkenes
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Over the last 3-4 years my wife and I have visited Tasburgh house 3 times. Last time in august this year. Two years ago just the two of us, and the other times with our daughters.
All of us has been very impressed with the special house, the beautiful garden and surroundings with the perfect view over the city of Bath. Situated just where the city and the countryside meet.
The best thing though, is the friendly and and relaxed atmosphere.
We will definitly come back!!

As regards things to do and and places to eat in Bath, we have found this: the wisest is to follow Susans recommendations and let her do the organizing.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family