“Very enjoyable!”

Charm Oriental Bar & Thai Restaurant
Ranked #105 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: "Award Winning Thai Restaurant" "Recommended on the BEST of Bath" "Award Winning Chef"
Reviewed May 15, 2013

Not sure if one or two of the previous reviewers were having bad days ? but both myself and partner found Panasia a delight. Maybe time of day may make a difference I don't know. We had a pre-gig dinner around 6pm'ish. The service was excellent without being too pushy. And the food (most important bit) was superb. Starters chicken dumplings and the crab, both great. Then belly pork in green curry sauce and duck in tamarind with side order of vegetable in garlic/soy sauce. Again all tasted great. We had ordered pak choi for the side but they had sold out, so we asked to have the veg dish with garlic instead of ginger, the restaurant was happy to oblige.
Wine slightly overpriced but hey most places mark up between 100-200% these days anyway.
We had a coupon from TablePouncer which reduced our bill, but would still be happy to pay the whole amount every so often. Btl wine, 2 starters, 1 side dish, 2 main dishes & 2 coffees. £60 odd.
Would recommend. 9/10

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I'm not sure what was worse, the overly priced dishes or the fact that the food was so bland that the napkin with some seasoning would have tasted better!! Preformed rubber fish cakes that tasted of..well, nothing, the sauce was ok but the fish cake was oily the sauce slid off! The main was a car crash of congealed sauce and salt with a chicken breast that would have been more at home on Colonel Saunders raunch! and the service was like a tasmanian devil passing through as the food came out quicker than the drinks! Overall I should have gone to the police and complained that my tastebuds had been mugged as well as my wallet.

8  Thank Spwoo
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Went to this restaurant when visiting Bath. The restaurant is handily placed on George Street amongst many other appealing looking eateries.

Everything about Panasia was excellent. The decor was tasteful and surroundings comfortable. We went for a set menu which included a mixed platter & beef salad. All amazing, the ribs were really tender & meaty & the salad was very fresh.

The main courses were all lovely & ample sized portions. We felt the service here was excellent & the waiter regularly topped our wine glasses up.

The bill came to £70 for three courses & a bottle of wine between 2 people.

One of the best Thai restaurants I have been to & would certainly recommend.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

It's so amazing ! The food is so tasty and delicious authentic Thai food. And the service exellent with worm welcome ,
As far as I can say and reccommend
For who like to experience The taste of the Thai food in Bath

1  Thank Taerdesign
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Oh dear - you have to try very hard to make food this bad. I'm a local in Bath so this must cater for the tourist and stag / hen market - as I am sure nobody would ever go back. My beef was basically the contents of a Fray Bentos can of stew with some cheap spices thrown in, and my wife's prawns had a jar of Uncle Ben's sweet and sour sauce chucked over them and then given a fancy name to make them sound authentic - and then charged £15 each for a plate of tasteless goo. If you want good value pan Asia food jump in the car and drive 30 mins to Bauhinia in Clifton village - where Fong and her family do it properly. Amy and Adrian off of Bath

4  Thank Acotters