Advice to those booking into Bailbrook Lodge
• waste your time giving the posts on the four-poster bed a good shake; if they weren’t rickety before, they will be when you’re done;
• complain if you have to bend your knees to spit into the basin after you’ve cleaned your teeth; simply straighten them again when you’re finished and consider it exercise;
• stress if you get a little wet reaching to the back of the alcove to turn the shower on; think of the time you’ll save getting completely wet once you stand under the spray.
• scoff the chocolates left on your pillow;
• take some photographs of the Georgian charm of your room, the dining room, the sitting room, the exterior (because your friends back home in Australia won’t believe you otherwise);
• marvel at how high the four-poster bed is, how climbing onto such a bed is as close as you’ll get to feeling like a queen (unless, of course, you are one);
• (when you step out of the shower) wrap yourself in the luxury of a towel that’s been warmed by the heated towel rail;
• take particular note of how attentive Dan and Michelle and Julie and the rest of the staff are, how willing they are to see to your every need;
• (if you’re lucky enough to be upgraded to the Beau Nash Suite, as I was) spend as much time as the sights of beautiful Bath will allow, sitting in the window alcove, sipping another cup of tea while you gaze at the hillside opposite or watch the squirrels and birds in the garden below;
• think what a great writer’s retreat it would make.
• wish you could stay forever
DON’T even think about missing the home-cooked breakfast!
DO bless the day your beautiful daughter booked you into Bailbrook Lodge. (Thank you Zoe!)
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Bailbrook Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bailbrook Hotel Bath