“Beautiful place!”

Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Ranked #23 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed August 5, 2014

If you go to Bath you have to stay here. Its really close to Bath and Bradford On Avon. Gorgeous view, beautiful hotel, silence. The publication on the web meets their standard, you get what it shows!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Andres B
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2014

Dear Andres B

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that we could meet and exceed your expectations. Your feedback is very welcome and helps us to maintain and improve our standards and services, I will be sure to share your comments with all at the hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope when your next in the area that you will come and visit us again.

Limpley Stoke Hotel

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I spent one night in a twin bedded room.
The room was very clean, tissues supplied on the dressing table :-)
Bedding was crisp white.
Bathroom had a shore over the bath so did not use this.
I did not eat dinner at the hotel but was a guest at a wedding reception that was running quite late.
I was amazed at how patient and swift the staff were at getting the food out.
It was hot and very tasty too.
Staff were always polite and helpful.
Booking in and out was a breeze.
Buffet breakfast was plentiful and many staff on hand to help if required.
4* for the hotel as I am not keen on buffet breakfast, beans hardly warm.
I enjoyed this quirky hotel.
Would indeed stay again

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear coolmint

Thank you very much for your review following your recent stay with us. I was extremely pleased to read that you found our hotel and staff welcoming, friendly and helpful throughout and that you enjoyed your experience whilst attending a wedding celebration being held here at the hotel.

Your feedback is very important and helps maintain and improve our standards and services for all our guests to enjoy and your comments will ensure we continue to offer a superior experience.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back once again. Should you ever require accommodation in the area at a future point please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist you or answer any questions you may have. Once again thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I have just returned from a midweek two night stay in one of the twin bed front facing bedrooms. The hotel is so full of character, you could sense its history, and it fits into its location so well. The staff are lovely and the rooms including our bedroom were spotless. The bedrooms have lovely additional extras ie soaps and even a button replacement kit. We treated ourselves to full cooked breakfasts, but I do think the £10 each price is top heavy. For the same reason we went to the local Inn at Freshford for our evening meal, although we would have loved to try the hotel restaurant. We are hoping to have another two night stay later this month.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Peter B

Thank you so very much for your review following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found your front facing guestroom offered a wonderful view of the local countryside. I will certainly share your feedback with the management team and dedicated staff at the hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we all look forward to welcoming you back once again. Should you require any assistance with a future booking please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist with your next reservation.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

My son Sam and his wife also called Sam had their Wedding at this hotel on 1st August. Katie the wedding planner was brilliant right from the first visit. My son and his wife wanted a vegetarian wedding and that was organised with no prob at all. We even had a taster evening so we could decide on which dishes to choose. On the day, Katie and her team were fantastic. The ceremony room, the function room and the bar were set up exactly how it was planned. My son and daughter in law wanted to add lots of little extras to make their wedding individual and this was all easily arrranged.The wedding food was delightful and the serving staff were just great. In fact everyone we came into contact with was so helpful and accommadating. The Piano player they can provide was lovely, about 70 years old and really talented. Oh yes and the setting is beautiful. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Patio, have stunning views,
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Dear Thelia

Thank you for your review following you sons’ wedding at our hotel. I was delighted to read that Katie and her team could provide the perfect event to celebrate such a special occasion, I will certainly share your review with all concerned and I know they will be as delighted as I am to read your comments.

The dedicated team at the hotel pride themselves on providing the perfect setting for celebrations and I would like to thank you for sharing your comments .

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we wish Sam and his Samantha all the very best for their future together and hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back again soon.

Kindest regards

Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel was reasonably priced but a little off the beaten path ( my fault for not doing my usual due diligence ). The rooms are not fancy but they are well furnished and comfortable. The staff were polite but we had no need to trouble them. The beautiful lounge is of Georgian proportions and is nicely furnished - the bar and terrace were also very well presented.
We chose to eat at the pub at the bottom of the drive (The Hop Pole Inn) which provided great bar food - nothing fancy but all you could need for an one night stay. Breakfast at the hotel would've been £10 each so we skipped that! Bath is as beautiful as advertised so we will almost certainly return.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Paul C

Thank you for your review. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff polite and helpful. We are very proud of our period property and the original rooms and complementing décor, it is always a pleasure to read when our guests have enjoyed our location and surroundings. I will be sure to share your comments with the whole team.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

I stayed 1 night with breakfast included while I was working in bath. I found the hotel to be in an ideal location. The view from our room was spectacular. The food was pretty good although I would have liked fried egg as an option. The bathroom was good( very small ) but clean and has to be small as its a very old building so you gota work with what youv got. Nice bar too.Really enjoyed.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Dear lowey1

Thank you for your review following your recent one night stay with us whilst on business in Bath. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience and that you took the opportunity to dine with us and relax in our bar and lounge. I would just like to apologise if you did not get the opportunity to order a fried egg at breakfast, we do indeed offer scrambled eggs on our hot buffet, but in addition eggs can be cooked to order and personal preference. Should you stay with us again please do ask your sever for a fried egg and I can assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we all hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back once again. Should you require any assistance with a future booking please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist with your next reservation.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

location 5* , village pretty, nice pub, stayed two nights for our nephews wedding ,Hotel lots off parking, great views , pretty comfortable, clean , service from all boys and girls working 5* ,old building so we took it in as a part of the gig. But with old places ,on this weekend the sun shone and the building cooked. so very hot in rooms at night , no aircon (probably never will be) made for a bad nights sleep, begged a fan from another room ,it just nicked it so only a 4 rating. ......management get a fan in every room please. overall we would consider staying again. walks around the area are stunning just for that alone.

Room Tip: ask for a fan . choose front facing rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2014

Dear loftsaway

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our period property and dedicated team welcoming, friendly and helpful throughout. Your feedback is most welcome and will be used to ensure we maintain our standards and services so that we may continue to provide a superior experience for all our guests.

I can also confirm that we have purchased further fans for our guestrooms. We are in the midst of a wonderful period of sunshine and we all hope this great weather continues, the additional fans will help keep our guests cool during these warm nights.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon. Should you require accommodation in the area again please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist with any future reservations or answer any questions you may have.

Kindest regards
Limpley Stoke Hotel

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bath
Radstock Hotel
Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
Best Western Leigh Park Hotel
#3 of 7 in Bradford-on-Avon
Bailbrook House Hotel

Been to Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel? Share your experiences!