“Hidden Gem” 4 of 5 bubbles

BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Bath
“Hidden Gem”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and I loved it. It's extremely old school so if you are wanting a modern hotel this is not for you. Lovely old building with lots of character and beautiful views. Beds were so comfy and while stay was very enjoyable. Staff very pleasant and the evening meal was superb, breakfast was nice, lots of choice. Will choose to stay here again if down on business that way.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear lonabrodie

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would certainly stay with us again on your next business trip to the area. I will be sure to share your comments with the management and staff at the hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel we hope to welcome you back again soon. Should you require accommodation in the future please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly or via our website as we would personally like to assist you with any future reservations.

Limpley Stoke Hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Our wedding was held at the hotel on 28th March. The actual day was beautiful and everything ran smoothly, although a little delayed with the usual things (photo's taking longer than expected/traffic etc.)

All of our guests commented on how lovely the food was and the portion sizes. Couldn't fault it what so ever.

We owe all of our thanks to Diana & Milan who is a true credit to the hotel. Without her dealing with the final things we wouldn't have had a relaxed wedding.

The three weeks leading up to the wedding was incredibly stressful, which was not helped in the slightest by Katie. After numerous times of being lied too and generally not being helpful in the slightest. Diana seemed to achieve what we needed within minutes. For a hotel which boosts they hold over 80
Weddings a year, the simplest of tasks for Katie appeared to be too much. On the actual wedding day, she didn't come near either of us avoided us like the plague. She's unprofessional and we have no idea, where all of the fantastic reviews about her services come from. As we clearly didn't have the same service.

I would also like to thank Diana & Milan once again, for making our wedding day truly amazing.

Stayed March 2014
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, April 11, 2014
Dear N-QUARTLEY

I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your wedding day at our hotel and that Diana, Milan and the dedicated team made for a beautiful, well organised and memorable day. I will have no hesitation in passing your comments on to each member of staff that helped make your special day ‘truly amazing’; I know they will be very pleased to read them.

However I must address your comments regarding our professional and dedicated wedding co-ordinator Katie Williams. I have taken the time to investigate these serious allegations into Katie’s unwavering commitment to her role and I must state that this is the very first time that Katie’s professionalism has ever been questioned in the many years she has served as wedding co-ordinator at the hotel. My conclusion and I hope in hindsight that you agree, was that certain items and services were requested of Katie that were outside of her remit and unavailable within the requested time scale, all of which was relayed and explained on several occasions during the weeks prior to the wedding day. I was happy to learn that the hotel could supply (at no additional cost) a full change of linen colour which met with your approval following the request made at such a late stage in the proceedings.

Katie will always endeavour to ensure every wedding at the hotel is perfect and as individual as the couple themselves and I can see from your feedback that your day was ‘truly amazing’, which as with all previous special events and weddings is achieved by meticulous planning and the execution of such plans on the day. As you can read from the many previous reviews Katie’s commitment and professionalism has been highly praised and never questioned. I believe on this occasion that the requests made and asked of Katie were unachievable due to the numerous factors explained and the time scale of the requests.

Once again I would like to thank you for your review and positive feedback regarding the day itself, it is always a pleasure to read when both yourselves and your guests have thoroughly enjoyed your special day. We wish you both all the very best for your future together.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel.

Regards
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

Average hotel, somewhat tired décor, in need of renovation. Room spacious and warm (too warm for me but not my wife, easy to control radiators), bed large and comfortable, shower temperature impossible to control (one day too hot and next too cold), nice location and views, decent value for money, car parking restricted (overflow lower car park full of pot holes and loose drain cover nearly claimed on of my wheels!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Andysview

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at our hotel. I was a little surprised to read some of your comments and I would like this opportunity to point out that the hotel generally receives many positive comments regarding the interior aesthetics being in keeping with our period property and our guest rooms being individually designed and decorated. However I would like to thank you for your valued feedback and can assure you that your comments will be shared with the management team at the hotel in order that we maintain and improve our standards and services.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back again soon and should you require accommodation in the area at any future point please contact the hotel directly or via our website as would personally like to assist with any future reservations.

Preston, England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014

I recently was part of a coach party staying at this hotel for four nights. A couple of the coach party had some issues, which were resolved speedily by the staff however I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here. My Room - Room 28 - was large, warm and clean (really comfy bed) and despite the railway being only about 50 yards away it was nice and quiet. I found the food to be very good. We had a set three course menu each night with a good choice of food - I had Risotto one night and it was the best I have ever had (even better than Jamie's Italian). Staff are very friendly and helpful (especially Anne at Breakfast) and the only criticism is that the entrance is quite narrow for coaches to get access to. I would recommend you ask for a larger room if you are sharing as the smaller rooms are a bit more cramped but I would have no hesitation in coming back here again.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger room for more space. Ideal as a base for the surrounding areas - Wells, Salisbu...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear JayPeeSee

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found our hotel and staff welcoming and friendly throughout. I will be sure to pass your comments onto the management and staff at the hotel, especially the chef who I am sure will be delighted with your feedback.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, we do hope to see you again soon.

Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

We were fortunate enough to stay in this gorgeous place for two nights recently. We didn't eat any meals here so this review is based only on the accommodation and location.
We had a room toward the rear of the building on the second floor. The view from the room was over the village and the river and was absolutely superb. The room itself was large, though the floor plan suggested this was one of the larger rooms. We didn't see any of the other rooms so can't comment on them. Our room had windows that opened which was a bonus. The furniture in the room was complimentary to the period. The bathroom had a warming towel rail that actually came in pretty handy for drying our washing as we had been travelling for a few weeks and were in need of a refresh!
Though we didn't eat at the hotel we did eat at the little pub at the end of the driveway and found this to be a charming accessory to this hotel.
The village of Limpley Stoke is picture perfect and very commutable to Bath and nearby Bradford-on-Avon where we spent a very enjoyable morning wandering about.

The lifts in the hotel don't service all floors which does mean lugging bags up stairs...this was not such a problem for us as my husband is very strong!

We would stay here again for the views alone.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room on the second floor with views over the village and would highly recommend this.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Diandjeff

Thank you for your review. Your comments and feedback are most appreciated and it is always a pleasure to read when a guest at our hotel has thoroughly enjoyed their stay. We are indeed very lucky to occupy such a fantastic location and the views, as you rightly point out are stunning from many of our bedrooms and public areas. We do hope that you will have the opportunity to visit us in the future and once a again enjoy our hospitality and Georgian period property hotel.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel.

Kindest regards
Wiltshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2014

I visited this hotel for a Christmas works party and felt very let down. Initial conversations with events manager were very good. However the week before the party it became apparent that the pub at the bottom of the drive was closed, a shame as this would have made our party a bit different...walk to pub first, then back to hotel for meal. On the day of the party i asked at reception if the pub was open and the receptionist made negative comments about why it had closed, very unprofessional and led me to be dubious regarding my next experiences. However as the party organiser i remained postive ...only then to be told unsufficient rooms had been booked. The receptionist argued with me about my reservations, i even showed her my paperwork copies. Eventually after ten minutes of her rowing (at this point i thought i would go home after the meal) she gave me her reservations list and i clearly found my parties name on there. The hotel was going through a refurbishment and in fairness they had to tried to disguise the works being done however it was obvious work was still in progress. My room was nice but cold but the other guests reported very cold rooms. The party had an afternoon drink together but the hotel lacked atmosphere and there didn't appear to be anyone in charge. When i found a member of staff and asked for some music to be played in the lounge (there was a cd player there) i was told we wouldn't hear ourselves think. Pre dinner drinks were slightly more lively with some other guests. The meal was really nice especially for a Christmas meal where it can be a bit cold and preprepared...this it was not. However the room was in need of refurbishment with very old chairs and decor. There was no atmosphere in the dining room at all. Things got worse and the disco....well it was like a library. To be posItive the room was sylish and typical of a country estate room however I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A DISCO WHERE THE DJ HAD TO JOIN IN WITH THE DANCING. In huge appreciaition to the dj his dancing was brilliant and i was able to request any music i wanted. Drinks were expensive also...in fairness you could have preordered wine at cheaper cost. The breakfast was a let down I HAD TO ASIST WAITRESSING SERVICES ...a plate no bacon, some beans no sausages,orange juice no glases. A real let down, in fairness i did not book this hotel to be really lively but wanted a different experience in a country hotel, however was very dissapointed. Unprofessional rude staff,a lack of atmosphere and poor service (nice evening meal though). I have spoken to the manager of hotel as feel we need some sort of compensation to the members of the party with me...i am still waiting. If i was offered a meal as a return to the hotel i would then give all the guys some cash back for a drink at next years party... as a sweetener to them. However i feel now i would not like to return to the hotel at all. Shame.

Room Tip: ask for one with room overlooking valley
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
LatonaLeisureGroup, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear pampered44

Thank you for your review. I would like to start by apologising for the delay in responding to your feedback; however I thought it essential that I investigate your comments prior to posting my response.

Following my investigation and discussions with the management team at the hotel we would like to offer our sincere apologies for not exceeding your expectations and also for your unacceptable experience of the customer service offered by the receptionist. However I must say that your comments did surprise me as the staff at the hotel pride themselves on the level of customer service they offer and as you can read from previous reviews many positive comments have been posted by hotel guests and visitors alike. I kindly ask that you contact me directly so that we may discuss your feedback further in the hope that we can organise a future visit to the hotel whereby I can ensure you of an enjoyable experience. Please contact me on operations@latonaleisuregroup.com.

I would just like to add that the hotel management had no control or prior knowledge that the Hop Pole Inn (pub at the bottom of the drive) was to be closed at that particular time.

Thank you for choosing the Limpley Stoke Hotel, I look forward to speaking with you in person in the near future.

Sincerely
Senior Operations Manager
Latona Leisure Group

Travelers are raving about these Bath hotels