“Lovely setting”

Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel
Ranked #24 of 34 Hotels in Bath
Reviewed August 3, 2013

The friendly and helpful staff made this a very enjoyable stay. The room had everything you would expect to find in a hotel room and was very comfortable. There was an extensive selection of both hot and cold foods available at breakfast, which was all well presented.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TaviraBath
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear TaviraBath

Thank you for your recent review. I was delighted to read that our friendly and helpful staff helped enhance your stay and that you found our guests rooms very clean and comfortable. I will pass on your comments to all staff that helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel I do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,203)

Reviewed August 2, 2013

My Granddaughter and I stayed at this lovely manor house converted to a Best Western. It was clean and comfortable and a bargain. We had a little trouble finding it after dark because it is not in a city but the next morning we admired it's lovely rural setting. Everyone was very pleasant and friendly. They were working on painting and remodeling but it did not detract from the stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank happitex

Dear happitex,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your granddaughter thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel set in idyllic surroundings on the outskirts of Bath with welcoming, friendly and helpful staff.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The hotel itself is in a lovely old manor in the country just outside of Bath. Our room was clean and very comfortable. However, be prepared to be outside of the city centre. If you don't have a car there is a bus stop nearby but that's not always convenient and is surprisingly expensive if you're traveling on a budget (£4 per person, one way).

Stayed: July 2013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed our Georgian period property and our location in such an area of outstanding natural beauty.

As you correctly point out we are located on the outskirts of Bath and there are regular public transport links into the city for those without transport. The area also offers a park and ride facility and there are many public car parks available in the city centre at a reasonable charge.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Wanting to stay at a quaint country hotel just outside of Bath on a Sunday night, we found ourselves staying awake to the early hours of the morning due to a live wedding band. The hotel is old and sound carries throughout. Check in advance to inquire on weddings or functions. Definitely our experience was not that of a quiet country stay. One more thing, no one answered the reception desk for well over 30 minutes. In the end, I had to get dressed to locate the manager.
He offered a choice of two other rooms but there was no improvement in the sound.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Canadian Touris... D

Thank you for your recent review. The hotel is a traditional property with many original features and rooms that we feel add to our guest’s experience and I do hope that you had the opportunity to explore the local area and visit our very own 16th century inn ‘The Hop Pole’.

The hotel is a very popular function and wedding venue and we inform all guests of this at the time of booking and we allocate rooms to guests who are not attending a function away from any noise disturbance. Along with this we offer a separate and private dining option and a dedicated lounge area with table service drinks and staff readily available to assist our guests.

I was glad to read that the duty manager made every attempt to address your concerns and accommodate your request to move rooms. Hotel policy is to ensure any live entertainment or loud music closes at midnight and we always inform all hotel residents of any such situation. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience due to noise disturbance.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel and should you require accommodation in the area again please do not hesitate to contact myself directly and I will be only too pleased to assist with a reservation. We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Me and my family have been to this hotel many times and loved each visit. I dont understand the bad reviews, I have always found the staff to be very lovely, welcoming and helpful. The rooms maybe old fashioned but are very accommodating, and the bathrooms are very modern with fully functioning power showers etc. Each room we have stayed in has been very clean and has a small tea/coffee station with biscuits which is a very nice touch, as well as the soaps/shampoos in the bathroom. Breakfast has always been lovely although I must admit over the years it has slipped in quality slightly but we do go down near the end of service and so this may be a time issue. The grounds are beautiful with outside seating from the bar that is very well stocked. The dinners on room service are absolutely delicious and the small pub at the bottom of the hill is also lovely. Overall a very nice hotel and staff, even if slightly outdated.

Room Tip: rooms near the stairs can get noisy from the functions occurring downstairs
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review and for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel once again for your accommodation requirements. Our dedicated team pride themselves on the level of customer service they provide and it is always a pleasure to read when this has helped enhance any guest’s stay with us, I have passed on your comments to all concerned.

I was a little surprised to read that you feel our guest rooms to be a little ‘old fashioned’ the hotel is a period property with many traditional features that enhance our contemporary and individually designed and decorated rooms. I was glad to read that you found the rooms very accommodating with all the necessary facilities to help make a guest’s stay more comfortable and enjoyable, such as flat screen TV’s, complimentary beverages and free Wi-Fi throughout.

We take great pride in our gardens and grounds and being located in an area of outstanding natural beauty the view from many guest rooms, public areas and especially the terrace is fabulous. Many guests positively comment on the picture perfect valley views, with the River Avon flowing off into the distance.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

We choose to stay here on our "mini moon" after our wedding, so that we could be near to Bath and Longleat to visit both of these places during our three day stay. When we arrived check in was quick and easy with the check in staff being very polite and explaining where our room was and giving us access codes for the guest wifi. We choose to have dinner in the hotel's restaurant on our first night. When we entered the restaurant we were surprised at how few people had chosen to eat there, until we saw the limited choices available! Once we had eaten we went through to have a drink in the bar area and decided we would like to sit outside, but considering how many rooms the hotel has there was VERY limited outside seating. None of the staff really interacted with us either, apart from to ask what we wanted to drink. We went down the next morning for our first of three breakfast experiences here and found that while all the guests that seem to be from afar were shown to tables and had the buffet breakfast options and the extra options available to them fully explained we were left to figure it out alone! Although we figured out that we could order extras we never were asked if we wanted any of them, unlike our fellow guests around us who were asked each and every morning if they would like any of the extras! Once back from our day out for our second night here we found that the wifi would not work, so we went down to the check in desk and spoke to a member of staff who informed us that they had changed the way you log into the wifi and that we should of been told this the first time we were given the access codes! We then sat in the bar area to eat. Once we received our food we were left alone and although we could hear staff asking other guests how their food was and being generally polite and engaging we were once again left alone, never asked how our food was. When we checked out the check in staff just handed us the bill and took the payment. Again we were never asked if we had enjoyed our stay! All in all a lovely hotel with beautiful views, but staff require retraining on basic customer service!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MrsW06072013
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel following your three night stay with us. I was delighted to read that you found your welcome to the hotel warm, friendly and informative. However I was very surprised to read your other comments.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that the dedicated team we have at the hotel pride themselves on their customer service and strive to ensure all our guests have a memorable experience. We feel that interaction with all our guests is of paramount importance in order to ascertain their feedback and identify any guest requirements or requests, as to ensure a more comfortable and enjoyable stay. I assure you that your comments will be investigated as to why you felt any preferential treatment was given to other guests and I can also assure you that we would never prioritise any guests over others, solely because they ‘have a foreign accent’. I do feel that this was an unjust heading to your review, because as you point out the reception staff were very attentive on your arrival and that other hotel guests were experiencing the level of customer care we pride ourselves on. Please accept my sincere apologies if this was not the case during your stay.

The hotel offers various dining options throughout, we offer an à la carte menu in our Avon Restaurant, along with a dedicated bar and lounge menu. We also have our very own 16th century coaching inn ‘The Hop Pole’ which is very popular with all guests and offers a wide selection of dishes. As you can read from the many pervious reviews the majority of our guests positively comment on the quality of our menus and the service they receive.

The hotel has recently updated the complimentary guest WiFi and I do apologise if this caused any inconvenience during your stay. We regularly monitor this free service to ensure a trouble free and secure connection.

I was glad to read that you took the opportunity to take in the local surroundings from our bar terrace and enjoyed the views of the local countryside and valley and felt that ‘all in all’ our period property is perfectly placed and ‘lovely’.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel, we would love the opportunity to extend our hospitality to you once again and I am confident that you will encounter the first class service that we pride ourselves on. Should you have any further comments or if I can assist you with a future booking as a return guest, please contact me directly on operations@latonaleisuregroup.com. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just had my wedding at the Limpley Stoke (29/06/2013) and I could not have asked for a better experience. My self and my bridesmaids stayed the night before the wedding and even with the late hour we arrived the staff could not have been more helpful.

The wedding co-ordinater leading up to the wedding was fantastic and helped with all our needs and the actual day itself was perfect. The staff ensured that I did not have a thing to worry about making sure our guests were comfortable and seated on time. The staff had a way of making us feel like we were their only focus, even though we met other guests on the day commenting on how fantastic their experience had been.

Everything was well organised and nothing was delayed at all, but we did not once feel rushed with photos and foods courses etc. The food was fantastic and all guests commented on how much they enjoyed each course.

Overall we had the most fantastic experience and will always treasure our memories of our wedding at Limpley and even my sisters is considering holding her wedding there.

Room Tip: We used the bridal suite which was gorgeous.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

I was thoroughly delighted to read that your wedding here at the BEST WESTERN Limpley Stoke Hotel was a wonderful experience and that everything was perfect.

The wedding co-ordinator and her team strive to ensure every wedding is as individual as the couple being married and that the day will be one to remember for the bride and groom as well as their family and friends who attended the celebrations.

I have passed on your kind comments to Katie our wedding co-ordinator and all members of staff that helped make you day so special and memorable. We wish you all the very best for your future together and would love to see you again on your first anniversary.

Thank you for choosing the Best Western Limpley Stoke Hotel for your perfect wedding day, we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.