The Abbey Hotel
$165
  • Restaurant
$189
$170
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$144
$127
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$130
$109
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$122
Dukes Hotel(Bath)
$116
Official Site
1,554 results
All reviewsart barski barallium restaurantroman bathsperfect locationmanvers streetno air conditioninglovely hotelcar parktrain stationhotel barchristmas marketbooked this hotelone night stayafternoon teathermae spadouble room
Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed at the Abbey last weekend with husband to celebrate my birthday. We arrived quite late on the Friday, but received a very warm welcome from the staff. As we entered our room, I was very impressed to see how large it was, large bed...two sofas and a walk in wardrobe.

I must also say a huge thank you to the hotel for the lovely box of chocolates placed in my room to wish me a happy birthday....that was most kind. The hotel is the best location for the Roman Baths (just around the corner), sightseeing, bars and restaurants.

We had a really lovely time in bath, it is a great city. I would certainly recommend the Abbey if you are ever in Bath, it is a lovely hotel, great staff, extremely comfortable and great location.

We will definately return!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LvhKfr96
abbeyhoteloperations, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Thank you for your recent review and I hope you had a wonderful birthday weekend in Bath! Very pleased to hear we were part of it and hope you enjoyed the birthday chocolates.
We have lots more changes and refurbishment planned for the hotel, bar and restaurant this year so do come back and see us soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

Stayed here this week , with my daughter for a shopping/sightseeing trip as a mothers day treat.
We had a lovely time here at Bath. The whole experience was lovely. The staff are all very friendly. The room was really big, however it was really cold. The heating had broken down and they had to call out an engineer. This was resolved but unfortunatley after we had checked out. The hotel did compensate us. This however did not dampen our stay. Can't wait to come back!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Madnan
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night on a business trip and was very impressed with the hotel
Great location only 5 minute walk from the station and close to the city centre
The rooms were nicely appointed,I had a small double which was very comfy
The only thing that stopped me giving it 5 stars was the service at breakfast which was slow as it seemed they were a little short staffed
Overall great hotel and will use again

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank AK1972
abbeyhoteloperations, Owner at The Abbey Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear AK1972

Many thanks for your comments, it is great to hear from a guest who has stayed with us on a business trip, our location is ideal if you have meetings within the city as everything is nearby.
We have recently installed superfast wifi which is free to use and very helpful if you have work to do at the end of the day or indeed are using our bar area for meetings.
Please do try breakfast again on your next stay as service should be swift and we do like to set guests up for the day with some hearty fayre.
Very much look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

We usually avoid 'chain' hotels but chose this because of its location, within easy walking distance from Bath Spa station and the town centre. The staff were very welcoming and helpful and the room was spacious and comfortable. We arrived before check in time but they found us a room straight away. The breakfast was very good - all good quality local produce; my partner also had lunch in the hotel's restaurant and said that was excellent. One point worth checking - the lift was out of order when we stayed. It was not a problem for us but it's worth checking if you are going there soon and would have difficulty with the stairs a problem (the staff will help with your luggage if necessary).

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear SallyBettyMary
Many thanks for your review and I have very good news for you, our brand new lift is now fully operational and offering a swift service to all floors. The job took far longer than scheduled and the team tried very hard to help however we are all now very pleased to have a shiny new lift.
So delighted to hear that you enjoyed breakfast and your partner’s very positive comments about lunch in Allium are wonderful to read.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

Location: I stayed at the Abbey for the weekend for a friend's hen weekend. The location was perfect with the train station, Roman baths, restaurants and many shops within a short walking distance.

Staff: The hotel staff were extremely polite and friendly, in particular the gentleman working in the restaurant at breakfast (Rob? I think his name was), and the charming man working mainly in the bar/lounge. My sister and I arrived 2 hours before check in hoping just to drop our bags off, but the rooms were ready so they welcomed us early. The reception staff apologised in advance that the new lift was not going to be working for the weekend, but promptly offered to take up our luggage to the second floor. They also brought it down at the end of the stay.

Room: The rooms were basic and very tight for a twin room. As I opened the door it was hitting the bed, and the beds were actually joined together as opposed to having a bedside table or at least a gap between them. I assume to save space but I wonder if the layout in the room could be improved as it was congested. The rooms were very clean as was the bathroom however the products used left the room smelling a bit 'clinical'. The bathroom could do with a bit of a re vamp but it was nice and spacious. A number of necessities available - kettle, hair dryer, space saving clothes hanger.

Food: We had arranged a private dinner downstairs in the bolt hole on the first night. We ate from a set menu which was delicious, only comment would be that the portions were a bit small. Breakfast was wonderful, we were able to have cooked and continental food within the price of our stay. The staff were attentive and prompt to bring us more tea and coffee as required. We were a large group, and on both mornings a number of tables were reserved for us so we could sit together.

Overall I really enjoyed my stay, but I do feel the bedrooms could do with being updated. The biggest problem for me though was the noise. I got very little sleep during my stay due to various factors like hearing snoring from across the corridor; doors and floors creaking; and the seagulls which would gather early morning (although I'm not sure a lot can be done about that unless the windows are changed or they are deterred somehow).

The best thing about this hotel is the staff. I'm sure it's not easy dealing with hen parties who can get a bit loud from time to time but they treated us so nicely, and let us have our fun!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends