Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
$394
$315
$167
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$90
HIExpress.com
  • Breakfast included
$120
$100
  • Room Service
$180
Bailbrook House Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$114
$227
$119
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)(Great Value!)
$113
$110
  • Room Service
$185
$174
Agoda.com
2,442 results
All reviewsbrasserie blancfeature roomqueen squarecar parklovely hotelafternoon teasuperior roomclassic roomcentral locationnespresso machineper nightthird floorbed was very comfortableroyal crescentmain attractionswithin easy walking distanceeggs benedict
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for two nights, and I have to say I had the best two nights sleep I can remember - it was so comfortable. So comfortable that when I got home I emailed the hotel for details of the bedding which they sent back to me the same day.The hotel was light and airy and spotlessly clean, everything sparkled. It has a wonderful restaurant next door that had interconnecting doors, so easy to be so close to base. The bar was open until late and provided light snacks if needed. All staff went to great lenghs to be helpful

Room Tip: I have only experienced one room - it was great a double on the third floor
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

I am delighted we were able to furnish you with details of the bedding in the rooms; it is great to see that you had a good night’s sleep! I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.
Kind regards – John Willcock

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Big and beautiful room in excellent location. Yet the neighborhood is oddly noisy and the staff a bit stuffy. Very comfortable bed and an interesting and historic building. Easy walking distance to downtown.

Room Tip: Our first room had a shower and no tub. When we indicated we preferred a tub they were nice about moving us.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sunnybagel
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to see that you liked your room and the location of the hotel; it is very easy to access all areas of the City from Queen Square. As we are located in the centre it does get very busy. It is incredibly disappointing to see that you found the staff to be ‘pretentious’, If you have 5 minutes, please give me a call to discuss.

Kind regards – John Willcock

Reviewed August 3, 2013

The hotel is ideally location in the town centre. Parking at the rear is available and you can stay once you check out at 3 Pound per hour. Rooms and surrounds excellent. We experienced poor service in the breakfast dining area with our order being forgotten twice - we just did not receive our first order then breakfast menus we suddenly given to us when we asked for them. After ordering breakfast of scrambled eggs etc we waited 45 minutes - 0900 to 0940 approximately - and saw others whom arrived after us being served. After bringing this to staffs attention politely we were told it was going to be another 5 to 10 minutes and that we had been overlooked. No priority was given to getting our food out once their mistake was obvious. Otherwise a good overall experience.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I’m delighted that you enjoyed your visit and we have noted your comments regarding breakfast. I am very sorry that you experienced this and can only reassure you that this is being addressed urgently.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

The staff were very friendly and warm. They are very knowledgeable of the city and can direct you what to see in Bath and its surrounding area. The park in front was beautiful and everything was within walking distance from this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay in Bath and hope you enjoyed the city and all it has to offer. Do come back again if you are in the UK.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Lovely hotel centrally located in Bath, professional friendly staff, breakfast room located downstairs in a bright and airy room, breakfast selection was better than expected from full English, continental, fresh fruit etc. We were offered a room at the front or the back, we chose the front as we hoped for a better view however Queens square is a busy thoroughfare and even late into the night there is some noise (we live in a very quiet area and so my wife noticed the elevated noise, however I didn't) We were given room 221 which was on the 2nd floor, we found the room clean and well laid out. I had noticed from previous reviews that there were no drawers for clothing but both my wife and I found the suit case stand and the wardrobe to be more than enough for our 3 night stay.
The bed was warm and comfortable, house keeping were discreet and efficient from making the bed, turning it down at night, to replacing towels when needed.
Our whole stay at the hotel for both my wife and I was a pleasure and when we return to Bath we will be returning to the Francis Hotel.

Room Tip: rooms at located at the front have a better view but Queens Square is a busy route and at times can be noisy.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay wit us and hoe that you will return to the Francis Hotel Bath very soon.