Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Room Service
2,422 results
All reviewsbrasserie blancfeature roomqueen squarecar parklovely hotelafternoon teasuperior roomclassic roomcentral locationnespresso machineper nightthird floorbed was very comfortableroyal crescentmain attractionswithin easy walking distanceeggs benedict
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I arrived late and left early but i wish i stayed longer.
The rooms were decorated and fitted out extremely well.
There was no outside noise and no noise from other patrons.
The position of the motel was remarkable and has a hard to beat aspect.
Everything was close by.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John Anthony S
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thank you for your review. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel soon!

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This hotel is lovely inside. They've spent millions on refurbishing it and it shows. The rooms are very well decorated and there are nice touches such as blue plaques listing famous and interesting past residents of the five original houses that make up the hotel.
The location is perfectly located in a lovely square between the Roman Baths and the Royal Crescent and all main sites and restaurants are a short walk.

The only downsides are:
- a bit of traffic noise because there is no double-glazing (probably due to planning regulations), but we live in the countryside and normally have absolute silence at night and this is not on a busy road, so I doubt most people would notice.
- there is very limited parking. This wouldn't be a problem if you had £8.50 in change (for 23 hrs) and directions to the nearby long stay parking. Instead we were given the telephone number for the council to arrange parking, but they aren't open at the weekend, hence we went back and forward to the car-park. If I had come pre-armed with change then this would be no problem.

Overall, this is an excellent hotel. If they could add secondary glazing and you bring £8.50 in change then it would be perfect.

Room Tip: Bring £8.50 for parking. If you want a view get a room on the front. If you want silence, get a room on the back.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeoffreyAllix

Thank you for sending in a very constructive review, it will be useful for any guests planning a visit to Bath. I do hope we see you again at the Francis Hotel Bath soon.

Kind regards
John Willcock

Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here with a group of friends and we were all impressed with the hotel accommodation. Its decorated beautifully, emphasising the original features of the hotel. It was a group booking which did create some issues when checking out and the bills had two breakfasts when only one had been ordered. However, that aside the staff were very helpful and attentive.

The rooms had coffee machines in, tea making, iron and ironing board (always a plus); the hairdryer wasn't great. The beds were among the best I've slept in. Lovely crisp cotton sheets.

Great location in Bath everything was literally 5 mins from the hotel.

The food for lunch wasn't the best we've had and it was expensive for what it was. Highly recommended for accommodation though.

Room Tip: We were lucky as we got superior rooms,
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Anna H
FrancisBath, General Manager at Francis Hotel Bath - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Thank you for posting your thought on here. We really value your feedback.

I hope you had an enjoyable time with your friends.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for 1 night at the weekend. The room was immaculate, the decor lovely, the staff friendly. Unfortunately however I didn't get a good nights sleep. Our room was on the front of the hotel and whilst the sash windows look lovely they don't block out the noise of passers by, pigeons or traffic so I didn't get a good nights sleep. Its not a particularly noisy location so I wasn't expecting it to be a problem. Also I was niggled by the car parking. We knew it was limited car parking but it turns out that anyone can pay by the hour to park in the small car park which predictably was full. We weren't given the option to reserve a space (Which we were happy to pay for) which is disappointing. We lost a half hour of our limited time before the shops shut getting directions to a nearby car park, obtaining change to pay for it and then walking back to the hotel. All in all I would say its a nice hotel but would recommend asking for a quiet room.

Room Tip: ask fr a quiet room if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review following your stay in Bath. I am pleased that you like the décor in the hotel and found the staff to be friendly. The car park at the back of the hotel is limited and, for this reason, operates on a first come, first served basis. At weekends and in holidays it is often full, however, it is possible to pre-book space in Charlotte Street car park during working hours.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here last night with our very dear friends. I cannot speak highly enough of his hotel, clean, atmospheric, warm and welcoming. Room was amazing and sooo comfortable.
Staff were very friendly and helpful in a very refined and professional way.
Absolutely perfect location for visiting bath.
We did think when booked that it was quite expensive but having now stayed there I must say it was worth every penny. I would not normally stay in this sort of hotel other than for a special occasion, as it was a very special occasion I am so glad we did.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pinkgerbil

Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay and I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back for your next special occasion.

Kind regards - John Willcock