“Great hotel with very helpful staff”
Review of Hilton Bath City

Hilton Bath City
Ranked #26 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 31, 2014

Two nights spent in this hotel with absolutely nothing to complain about and too much to praise in one review. The attitude of the staff from the moment we arrived was first rate: friendly, polite and professional. The location of the hotel is spot on, far enought out of the centre to make the outer limits of Bath accessible and close enought to make it a very quick trot into the centre.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
JennieSteward, General Manager at Hilton Bath City, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2014

Dear Jonathan M,

Thank you for the fantastic review following your recent stay with us at the Hilton Bath City.

I was delighted to read of the excellent customer service you received from my team and I will be sure to share your lovely comments with them. The team here at Hilton Bath work tirelessly to ensure that all of our guests receive a warm welcome and enjoyable stay and I am pleased that this was given to you during your time with us.

Jonathan M, I appreciate you taking the time to convey your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City in the future.

Reviewed August 30, 2014

We stayed here for one night late August and found the hotel to be in general very good. The rooms are what you'd expect for a city centre hotel, not the biggest, but by no stretch of the imagination the smallest room you'd experience. The shower room was very modern, clearly they've not long had a refurbishment. The room itself was quite stuffy in the evening, and with the window open, there was a lot of road noise, but generally no complaints about the room.

The Bar is a tad pricey, but then again it is a hotel bar, so what you'd expect, the only disappointing thing was the hollandaise sauce on the Eggs Benedict in the morning, very thin & runny.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and helpful. A special mention has to be made of the reception staff that checked us in (one was a trainee) who were very friendly. Unfortunately, I didn't get their names, but it was 2 women and one man (who used to live on Miami Beach), but they were the best receptionists I've experienced in years!

Room Tip: Top floor room was a good choice by us.

Dear BarryC389,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath City.

I was pleased to read your comments and fair observations of our bedrooms and of our bar prices at the hotel. I was disappointed to learn of the runny hollandaise sauce at breakfast and have shared your feedback with our Head Chef and sends his apologies to you.

I was delighted to read of your feedback regarding the reception team who checked you in to the hotel. It was Tina, Rita (trainee) and Simone (gentleman who lived on Miami Beach) who spoke with you and I have shared your fantastic comments with them which have been gratefully received.

BarryC389, we appreciate you taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 29, 2014

We had a great two night stay. The hotel has a great location, easy walking distance to everything in Bath. A great breakfast selection and all the staff were very friendly. The hotel is right on the Avon River.

Dear FunSeekerGA,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us at the Hilton Bath City.

I was delighted to read your positive comments about the hotel's location in Bath and that both the breakfast and service from my staff was great.

FunSeekerGA, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City in the future.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

There are no negative or middle of the road things I can say about our stay at the Hilton Bath City. If you like friendly, attentive and professional staff who make you feel welcome from the moment you step into the reception then this is the hotel for you. Our room was clean, well appointed and extremely spacious and the hotel is located within easy reach of the sights of Bath. Woukdld come again and recommend the hotel...absolutely.

1  Thank goosedrankwine

Dear Goosedrankwine,

Thank you so much for the fantastic review following your recent stay with us at the Hilton Bath City.

I was delighted to read your comments regarding the hotel and it's location but in particular your fantastic comments about my team. I will most certainly be sharing these wonderful comments with them.

Goosedrankwine, we really appreciate you taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath City in the near future.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed August 28, 2014

International family reunion. It was all going off the rails until taken over by Vipul Kapur, Deputy Hotel Manager. From then on everything was very good, indeed. Only small criticism was rather high room rate. Otherwise, excellent.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Mr Palmer,

Thank you so much for your delightful review on trip advisor following your recent family reunion at the Hilton Bath.

I understand that the event was a resounding success and thank you sincerely for your wonderful comments regarding Vipul's management of the situation and booking.

Mr Palmer, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Bath in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

I was a bit concerned about the negative reviews after I booked the hotel and I don't share the negative opinions of those reviewers now I have stayed here. We had a family room of two double beds, and the sofa was also converted into a cot when I arrived in the room. The exterior is a bit bland, typical 70's brick-and-glass architecture that reminds me of my college dorm. But inside it's done up very nicely with modern interiors. Kids were given special activity packets arrival which is a very nice gesture. Breakfast was excellent as well. It may lack the historical charm of the many boutique hotels in Bath, but it is certainly a convenient place to stay. Everything was immaculate. It's next to a Waitrose and about 5 min on foot from the Roman Bath and the abbey. It also has underground parking so quite convenient for those traveling with a car. Very cheerful and friendly staff as well. Hotel guests can also take advantage of the terrace in the back of the hotel, which has amazing view of the Pulteney bridge and the river. I would not hesitate to stay here again .

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank twodiamondmom

Dear twodiamondmom,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review you have written following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath.

I was delighted to read your comments and observations regarding the hotel and truly appreciate you giving us a chance despite some personal opinions from other reviewers resulting in negative reviews.

I do hope that your children enojyed there stay with us and also the sights of Bath. I was pleased to read that breakfast was excellent and that the room allocated to you was suitable for your family.

I will also convey your comments to my team in regards to your observations on their cheerful and friendly service and thank you for those comments.

Twodiamondmom, thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us and hope that we can welcome you back to the Hilton Bath in the future.

Reviewed August 27, 2014

The hotel room was small but clean, the bed was uncomfortable, a hard mattress and only a double in size, would have expected better sleeping facilities.
The hotel drinks very expensive, two large glasses of wine approx £20
Breakfast average, but a good choice
No free wi fi
Had to pay £15 to park the car over night

Dear Sandra P,

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath City.

I was disappointed to read your comments and observations regarding the size of your bedroom and the uncomfortableness and size of our mattress. The room which you had booked is a Double Hilton Compact which is one of our slightly smaller rooms and has a double bed. All of our mattresses were brand new just under 12 months ago and are slightly on the firm side. I appreciate that a firm mattress is not to everyone's liking and sincerely apologise if this caused you any inconvenience or discomfort.

I have also noted your comments regarding the charges for beverage, wifi and car parking and thank you for commenting on these.

Sandra P, we appreciate your feedback and thank you for taking the time and trouble to convey your comments to us.