“Great hotel in middle of city”
Review of Hilton Bath City

Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Bath
Northolt, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in middle of city”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I stayed at this place for business purposes in Oct 2012. The hotel is located in the middle of the city. The room was big enough and service from the staff was impeccable after all it's Hilton. Bonus was them offering free wifi which other hotels should take note of.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KimThyer, Administrator at Hilton Bath City, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments on this website I wanted to personally reply and thank you for your feedback.

I appreciate all your positive feedback following your recent stay at the Hilton Bath City I will ensure your kind comments are passed to the team.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments.

Thank you for staying with us at the Hilton Bath City and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Hilton Bath City

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 31, 2012 via mobile

Came to Bath for late 40th celebrations with a chum. The hotel was clean and quiet. Car parking nearby with reduced rates from the hotel. In short walking distance of town. Bed comfortable and good time had by all. Recommend the Bath Therme Spa for a treat.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Luck allowed an upgrade to the Jane A. suite. More of a large, quiet comfortable room with a hallway, than a suite, but full-sized bathroom and every amenity complimentary. Breakfasts were great. Unobtrusive and civilized staff and clientele. Highly recommend.

Room Tip: Smile at check-in!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I didn't read the reviews about this hotel as I thought it is the "Hilton" after all. Our room was on the first floor overlooking the main road. It had no double glazing the traffic noise and drunk people below kept us awake most of the night. It is a very stingy hotel after paying high price for the room you have to pay for breakfast, wifi and parking and there was no mini bar in the room. The only good thing about this hotel is its location. I won't be staying in a Hilton hotel again

Room Tip: Make sure it is not on the first floor overlooking the road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ketty C
Gatwick
Reviewed October 30, 2012

Bath is such a beautiful city and this is not a pretty hotel. Having said that the location is fantastic, within easy walking distance of the main attractions. Room was fine, but no mini bar. The hotel bar is small and the barman on duty was not particularly attentive. We ate in the restaurant and had a lovely meal with excellent service. You have to pay extra for parking, but the car park is right next to the hotel so no problem. We would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam

I note your comments regarding no mini bar being available in your room. Our four Suites within the hotel come with complimentary mini bars for guests. Fridges are available upon request from our Housekeeping Department.

I note your comments stating that the barman was unattentive. We pride ourselves on our customer service at Hilton Bath City, and I can certainly say this is not indicative of our usual standard. As with any complaint/feedback, I can assure you this will be communicated to all staff involved, so that they may learn from this situation. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

Newport, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2012

amazing location for your shopping, clubbing, dinner needs. fab staff, clean and tidy, and very nice late night bar, very good prices too. suprisingly cheapest hotel we could find!!!! however only thing was the rooms were very dated, surprised for a hilton, so an amazing room for the girls to share for a spot of night life but not a romantic room for a couple to spend the night

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Sir/Madam

I appreciate your comments relating to your bedroom decor. We have undergone a major refurbishment in most of our rooms and recently completed the installation of air-conditioning throughout all bedrooms. We are continually monitoring and addressing individual bedroom decor requirements.

Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed October 28, 2012

As a Hilton Diamond member, I stay in many hiltons in the UK and overseas.

My last 3 reviews of Hilton properties in London and NYC were scathing of these units and I generally felt that they underperformed as compared from what I expected from Hilton Group.

Hilton Bath has restored my belief that Hiltons can offer something close to their relatively higherer pricing compared to other Chains.

This property is very well located in Bath City within minutes walking of the center of the town. [This location is also a disadvantage since it cost me Stg£15 to park in the car park below the hotel].

There is no executive lounge here but I was upgraded to a suite and all the fittings that ought to be in this room were there [robes and oversized toiletries].

The famous baths are only 3 mins walk away.

There is a quality feel to the interior of this hotel compared to some dated and cheaper fittings you can get in Regional UK Hiltons.

There was an issue with building noise at 10pm and I called reception who seemed to be well versed in teh ongoging work and when it would stop. I mentioned this again at check out and received without asking, a small goodwill credit on the invoice.

I'd rate this hotel 5 out of 5 but deduct 1 because

Charge for car parking [stg£15]
No exec lounge for Hiilton Gold/Diamond
stg£139 is slightly more that what I'd expect to pay plus parking

Even at 4 out of 5, It is a nice property and I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: At rear for a river view and a bit quieter
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple