“Superb!”

Ranked #11 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Essex
“Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

I took a trip to Bath with my Mum to celebrate her 65th birthday. I found The Kennard Hotel & was delighted that it was so centrally located to the town as my Mum has a bad hip & struggles walking great distances. I contacted Mary & Giovanni prior to our arrival & explained it would be my Mums birthday while we were staying & they helped me to ensure my Mums birthday was a special & memorable one. The breakfast was amazing & so much choice of wonderful coffees & teas. Mary & Giovanni arranged for my Mum to have some handmade chocolates in our room along with a birthday card I had ordered for her. On Mums birthday after enjoying our breakfast Mary brought out a cake with candle & all accompanying guests joined in to sing Happy Birthday to Mum. Mary & Giovanni were wonderful. Kind, accomodating, helpful they couldn't do enough for us. The only negative was that to get to our twin room you had to climb two flights of stairs. My fault I should of called & asked for a ground floor room when booking. I would highly recommend this hotel. I love Bath have been a number of times. I look forward to returning again & staying at the Kennard with my husband.

• Stayed December 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from two nights at this wonderful hotel. The owners Giovanni and Mary are very welcoming and their help and assistance was maintained during our stay, offering advice on where to eat for dinner and booking it for you together with advice on travelling about in Bath.
The decor of the hotel is excellent varying from traditional through to modern and we feel there is something to suit all tastes. We had a standard room at the top of the hotel, a bit of a climb if you are elderly but there are other rooms on lower floors available. Our room was perfectly adequate for our needs but again if you need a larger room these are available you just need to ask when you book. The room was tastefully decorated, clean, warm and with an en-suite bathroom with a shower etc. If you require a bath you should again ask when you book.
The breakfasts are not to be missed, an extensive choice from cereals, fresh fruit, juices etc., through to a full English breakfast which is wonderfully cooked from local produce. There is an extensive range of teas and coffees on offer at breakfast something you don't often get in much more expensive hotels.
The parking in Bath is a bit of a nightmare but again Giovanni and Mary are there to help as they provide a complimentary resident's parking permit and we had no problems in parking in the street almost outside the hotel.
The Hotel is situated just off Greta Pulteney Street and is very convenient for the town centre. This is a hotel not to be missed if you are staying in Bath.

Room Tip: Rooms at the top of the hotel are a bit of a climb.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Quite possibly the most perfect b&b I have ever stayed at. The breakfast was second to none. Free Wi-Fi access and a great location. Room made up perfectly with a great selection of teas :) the hosts were also very polite and very helpful

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

What a stunning hotel, the hosts Giovanni and Maria went out of their way to make you welcome. The beds comfortable and a rare treat a well stocked tea tray with plenty to choose from fruit teas, coffee and plenty of milk provided. This hotel is lovely and well placed for visiting all the cultural delights that Bath has to offer. My mother and myself stayed for just 2 nights and would have happily stayed for longer. Looking forward to our next visit to Bath and this beautiful hotel. One final point, the breakfast wow.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
West Wales
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

This is a marvellous place to stay. Magnificent, clean rooms that are comfortable and cosy.
The hosts are very easy to get on with and really push themselves to ensure you have a great stay.
The breakfasts are fantastic and taste wonderful. Try the potato cake!
Cant wait to return! Brilliantly convenient for the beautiful Xmas market and City Centre.

Room Tip: Have stayed in front and back rooms now - all are great.
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

The location is fine; just a 10 minute walk from the city centre on a quiet residential street. The room I stayed in was on the top floor. I found the room to be very small. I expected a bigger room taking into account the money I paid. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The breakfast was okay; nothing special.

3 Thank Poseidon_adventure77
MaryandGiovanni, Owner at The Kennard, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad that you appreciated the cleanliness and the comfort of your room and our location.
Our rates are extremely competitive considering our city-centre location in a quiet street and the level of our establishment and service.
We are very surprised by your comment on our breakfast. As per other reviews, guests' comments and the awards we have won for our breakfast, we are very proud of the variety of choices, the quality of the products and the beautiful setting of our breakfast room, arranged with linen tablecloths, fine china, silverware and fresh flowers. Our orange juice is freshly squeezed every morning just before the arrival of our guests. The fresh fruit salad is prepared using 10 different varieties of fruit. Our bacon and sausages come from the award-winning Sandridge Farm. Our bread is freshly baked at Hobbs House Bakery in the Cotswolds. We have 8 different types of freshly-ground coffees and 20 different leaf teas, an extensive selection of preserves, spreads and chutneys, and home-made Granola.
We and the great majority of our guests are convinced that this IS a special breakfast!
Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Loved this very special B & B which is in a lovely Georgian house in Central Bath it offers free parking as well. I stayed in Room 2 the floral room which was beautiful with a very large bed with canopy. The only downside for me was not having a bath however the shower was perfect. Breakfast was lovely with quality ingredients. Bath was lovely, B & B was lovely and I would recommend it to friends and family and will stay here again in a heartbeat if visiting Bath in the future. Thank you Kennard for making my anniversary break so special :)