Brooks Guesthouse
Harington's City Hotel(Bath)
  • Room Service
Queensberry Hotel(Bath)
1,124 results
All reviewshonesty barguest fridgeroyal crescentguest houseb beggs florentineparking permitbreakfast roomcity centretop floorhomemade granolashort walkmain roadtriple roomfull englishstreet parkingtruffle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I enjoyed a weekend in Bath with a girlfriend. The room was very good and the beds comfortable. There had been a slight problem with my booking but that was resolved. I liked the idea of the honesty bar and the position of the guesthouse which was quiet. The breakfasts were excellent although having decided to have a lighter breakfast on the second morning I ordered scrambled egg with brown toast. The eggs had a lot of black pepper in them which I don't like so I decided to have toast only and had to share my friend's white toast as no brown toast came for me. A more disappointing breakfast on the second day but perhaps I am fussy

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Very friendly, welcoming and helpful staff. Lovely bright and nicely furnished breakfast room. Room very clean and nice large bed. Will definitely visit again. Would recommend. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Opt for the larger room with kingsize bed. A lovely spacious room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2014

Reception was very welcoming, rooms were put together nicely, view was great and location was spot on. Didnt have to drive anywhere. Can not wait for my next visit to bath.. I will recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank ilovemyrottie
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here for her birthday in early March and we were both expecting a little more for the money we paid.
That being said, our room was very clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was ok, nothing special. We had fun in Bath but this was bang on average.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chris H
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were really looking forward to our stay at the guesthouse, as the website made it look like an upmarket hotel with great rooms and foodie breakfasts.

Unfortunately, from the moment we walked through the door to find that the tiles in the reception were all loose with many cracked and missing, we knew that it had been a long time since this was a luxury place.

We were then shown to our kingsize room (two singles pushed together) which we noticed, as soon as we sat on the bed, had a completely broken mattress and head board. Looking around the room, there were also various large cracks in the ceiling and bubbling paint on the walls making the room feel like a dingy hostel than a luxury guesthouse.

We asked to move rooms - the receptionist was accommodating and showed us various other options which gave us a chance to see the other rooms in the house.

We finally ended up in a double room which was quite pleasant, with a comfortable bed. It also seemed to have been recently renovated which was nice. There was however a strong smell of damp (I notice that other reviewers on this site have mentioned the same smell in the same room).

The breakfast was also completely average - very few hot veggie options, and a 'specials' board that didn't change in the 4 mornings we ate there.

All in all, if we had been paying £50- £70 per night as a hostel we would have been thrilled. But this is no means a luxury guesthouse that can fairly charge £140 per room! I would urge caution when booking if you want a fancy stay!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Noalan
carlabrooks, Owner at Brooks Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for your review sorry you thought we are a hostel we are a guesthouse as we state in our name and that is also how we are classified by the Tourist Board .
Hostels tend to have bunk beds and dorms in the UK not antiques, oil paintings , pin stripe carpets ,designer wallpapers and pocket sprung mattress beds .
Hostels also have breakfast that you cook your self or from a vending machines whereas our breakfast includes locally sourced ingredients from artisan and independent producers home made granola , museili , home made marmalade , juices etc
Sorry you did not like our vegetarian options we offer Eggs Florentine, pancakes , vegetarian full English and porridge which represents 4 options alongside the buffet table .options of granola yoghurt shots and muffins and oat cakes
Glad you liked the second room we offered you.
Bath is an expensive city and our rates are typically 10% cheaper than the average, hotels are typically £200 + a night in Bath at weekends
hope to see you in Brooks Guesthouse Bristol our rates are £99 a night B&B so more affordable