Wentworth House
SACO Bath - St James Parade(Bath)(Great Value!)
$120
$165
$189
$170
$149
$144
MGallery
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$144
$135
Priceline
$403
$311
All reviewscity centreup hillon site parkingenglish breakfastweekend breakcereal
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I spent one night with my girlfriend here as we were visiting Bath in our road trip. We were kindly received by the staff and although we booked a standard double room, we were offered a four post bed instead, which we appreciated.
Breaksfast was very good and staff very friendly and attentive. Negative side was mainly the ensuite bathroom, with low pressure shower and difficult to handle.
We would recommend the hotel if you look for cheap accomodation and close to the centre. Furthermore, if you fulfil the feedback sheet they invite you to a free bootle of wine next time you stay with them. Lovely place.

Room Tip: Four bed post rooms are well sized but ensuite bathrooms could be enhanced.
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Stayed here last weekend. I was very nervous given the reviews on this and other sites and had asked for an assurance before arrival that everything would be ok. The hotel is ok, not perfect, but then it's cheap. The decor is dated but seemed clean. To be fair, our room was lovely - well decorated, good quality furniture, big bathroom - perfect for a pre-Valentines break. We did not attempt to eat or drink there because we figured there would be better places elsewhere in Bath - this was mainly due to the reviews. The man who met us on arrival was friendly and helpful. We would definitely go back based on this stay but there are obviously some consistency issues. Three items of feedback for the hotel management: 1) You need to address these bad reviews and take note of their points, then post to say you have rectified the issues.2) Several reviews have commented on the strong curry smell - we noticed it too. 3) You have no right to charge up front, given the reviews here. It's unheard of in decent hotels - perhaps if you allowed customers to pay on departure, some of the issues might be raised so you can deal with them.

Room Tip: Ask to see phoptos of the room you are getting, as the quality is obviously variable. Insist on not paying up front.
2  Thank 659TMH
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I know this is late but have only discovered TripAdvisor - had I been on here sooner, I wouldn't have bothered with this place. I needed a place to stay overnight with my younger sister as it was her graduation. Thought I would go for something nice with a pool and make a day of such a nice occasion. Got to our room and it really stank of urine :( The pipes were all dodgy as you could hear the people upstairs having showers and flushing the toilet which unfortunately was every 15 minutes.
I was told by receptionist that the pool would be open in the morning. Also, got there in there in the morning and the pool was covered until we checked out at around 11am...
Breakfast was ok but they never asked us for toast - the couple next to us were kindly asked. i just though that maybe they had an issue with our skin tone. Who knows?
They were rude and big-headed people who managed the hotel. Wish I could get a refund. DOn't bother. Bath is a lovely city - don't let this hotel ruin it for you.

Room Tip: choose a room that doesn't smell of urine
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Absolutely AWFUL, was supposed to be a Romantic Weekend, We checked in all ok, shown to our room (10) with a four poster bed, Room was very cold on arrival, view from window in bedroom was a Tiled Roof with a small glimpse of the Garden, The bathroom VERY SMALL !!!!!! The Hot tap would turn on but took two hands to turn off and the hot water from this Tap was (dangerously too HOT!!!!) The shower head didn't even fit properly into the Riser Rail, When my partner asked the Manager about the heating in the Bedroom, (the radiator was hot at bottom, cold at top), Manager came to our room and tried effortlessly to bleed the radiator, when he realised he couldn't he said I'm sorry about that, I'll have to call a plumber in ???
He then returned with a (tiny) electric radiator, we plugged it in at 2-15pm, went into bath city, for shopping returned to the hotel at 6pm, to discover our room was the same temperature as before, once again we complained to the manager who sent up another electric heater but this one blew hot air, Breakfast was good, but I found mould on my toast, which by this stage I just wanted to eat my breakfast, get our bags and GET OUT !!!

On our departure, there was nobody even on the desk to check people out.. Very Polite NOT !!!

So take my word, DO NOT EVEN ENTERTAIN THIS HOTEL, I WOULD SERIOUSLY CONSIDER STAYING AT THE
"THE GROSVENOR" in Torquay rather than here....

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights. We chose this hotel because it is just out of the town centre just a fifteen minute walk away and a £6 cab ride back. Free parking, some of the hotels in the town centre charge up to £12.50 per day This hotel is 2* but has had a few good reviews recently.Our room was clean and had a comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facilities and a good hairdryer. The room was very small and the bathroom was tiny wasnt enough room to dry myself and dress comfortably after a shower. After an evening out we had a night cap in the hotel bar, large screen tv and very comfortable sofas. Breakfast was nice, we sat by the window which over looked the garden. A good selection of fruit, cereals and toast. The breakfast was well cooked and the sausages and bacon were good quality, the poached eggs were perfectly cooked. My only gripe was the radiator in our room was too hot, the valve was broken and we couldnt turn it down which made the small room too hot so we had the window open always. we did ask twice if this could be fixed but unfortunatly we were ignored. I would stay here again good value.

1  Thank superwoman12