“Good location, Great hotel”
Review of The Windsor

The Windsor
Ranked #46 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 6, 2013

We stayed in the Sydney room, which was a large family room. It was very quiet and clean and beds were very comfortable. One of the nicest places I've stayed in awhile. Staff was friendly and the location was convenient to walk to the city center.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank A A
There are newer reviews for The Windsor

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed here for two nights in midweek. Had a very large comfortable room in the basement with all that you need. Plenty of light still as we were at the front of the beautiful Georgian building in a beautiful quiet street. Few minutes walk to the centre. Staff very pleasant. I agree with previous review. Breakfast is ordered individually so it comes all at once. If you have cereal your toast is cold by the time you get to it. Only ever gave one butter each and I agree, the coffee was luke warm and weak. It's as if they are limiting you to cut costs. Make it a buffet and we can eat at our own pace.

Having said that I would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed just 1 night here but we were pleased with all aspects. Perfect location for easy walking access to all Bath attractions. We were on the top floor and the stairs are steep but the room was fine and spotlessly clean. Staff very pleasant and knowledgeable about attraction opening times etc. Breakfast very good and We did opt for a cooked one! Would choose to return if visiting Bath again.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Reading some reviews on this B & B it seems that people do not read before booking therefore their expectations are not met. This is an excellent B & B, a couple of minutes walk from the centre, situated in a lovely road. We had a standard room on the front, not large but adequate and got a very good rate. They offer parking permits at extra cost which we thought was fair as obviously if you arrive by train you do not need one. Staff very welcoming and we found breakfast ample.

Reviewed October 25, 2013 via mobile

Just had two days at this excellent B&B good room, not large, but suited us. Clean establishment, welcoming attentive staff, good range of breakfasts available and as we intend to return to Bath, in the not to distant future we shall in all probability return here, as there are a range of comfortable rooms available, which we were shown when asked . I have seen other reviews that offer additional room info, if you need it.

I am happy to recommend the Windsor.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Booked at last minute on Late Rooms and got a really good rate. Spotless, welcoming and comfortable. Room was fitted to a very good standard. Eggs Benedict for breakfast was the best I've ever tasted. Will be back!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 13, 2013

When booking hotel I was told it would be at the rate of £135 for a one night stay on, having paid a deposit of £60 I was then charged extra making the room rate actually £169. When I queried this I was told I was incorrect in having been told it was £135 as the duty manager had worked there for five years and she would never have told anyone this rate?! I did not imagine it, this is what i was told. We were in the very top room and,although the bed was comfortable, the room was very small and there was a strange notice that kept coming from the room, almost like a very loud washing machine was propped again the other side of the room which kept us awake for much of the night. The shower took a very long time to warm up. The continental breakfast choice was lacking so we opted for the hot breakfast( i agree with previous reviews that this should not be charged for) we were told breakfast finished at 10am so went down at 9:30am we were not served our food until at least 10:30 when my breakfast arrived the sausage was still raw in the middle, I sent it back and was brought a second breakfast this time the hash brown was frozen, when I told the duty manager she said that she didn't understand as she had stood and watched it being cooked, I am not sure why she would say this as quite clearly she had not as the middle of the hash brown still had icicles in it! After waiting close to two hours for a breakfast after the frozen hash brown I gave up and went hungry. We were given an extra hour to vacate and only charged for the one breakfast that was edible- quite frankly I do not think we should have been charged at all! The juice at breakfast is not freshly squeezed but straight from a carton.

Bath is a lovely place the spa is amazing but I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The service was no where near 5* at all..

1  Thank Lauren R