“The Windsor”
Review of The Windsor

The Windsor
Ranked #43 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We stayed at The Windsor in one of the top floor rooms. It was a long climb to the top but worth it as the room was very clean with a nice bathroom, lovely bed and bedroom with air conditioning available and a good quality large flat screen TV. The manageress was charming and showed us to our room personally. The breakfast was continental but very good with generous helpings. A high quality cooked breakfast and various other options such as kippers was available for a small extra charge. The hotel was clean and fresh. A beautiful Georgian town house. We would go there again by preference if we visit Bath again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Thank you for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

On checking in to this lovely old hotel I found the receptionist very friendly, charming and helpful. She showed me to my room, because of the nature of the building this involved climbing three sets of steep stairs to get to my single at the top. However, once up there I found a very nicely decorated, comfortable room with a really tidy en-suit shower room. Very clean and tidy place all round.

The receptionist then explained the way the front door key and magnetic access fob worked. She then made sure I understood and checked I could use it myself. So a secure place too.

My only criticism of the Windsor would be that the breakfast service was a bit slow in the morning. Took about 45 from entering the dining room till food arriving. However, when it did, it was very good.

In summary, a lovely old hotel full of character, friendly attentive staff and well kept place. I would have no hesitation in going back.

Room Tip: No lift, so be prepared to climb stairs!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TheGorrilla

Thank you for taking the time to review us. I am happy you were happy with so many aspects of your stay and that you would revisit. I an sorry you had a wait for breakfast, the a la carte menu is cooked to order and occassionally, when many guests arrive for breakfast at the same time, the chef gets busy in the kitchen.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

I was a solo traveler and was walking everywhere. This location was perfect. An easy walk from the train station straight up the road and across the beautiful bridge. I was in the center of town and learned to get around very quickly. I spent a day in Oxford and the staff helped me print out a map of the town.
The only suggestion I could make is around food. If they could expand to offer a light dinner that would be perfect. I do not eat meat, and I found my options in town limited. So, I ate at the same place 3 nights in a row. I would have been happy with a sandwich and a small bottle of wine in my room!

Room Tip: My room was very small and on the 4th floor (3rd when you don't count the ground floor) and over...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Alice B
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have just returned from our three night stay at The Windsor. The building is beautiful and typical of the period. Staff were friendly ,efficient and nothing was too much trouble for them. Breakfast was excellent - great to see healthy options on the menu- good choice of either continental or something more substantial should you require it.
Our room was well equipped, (far better than many large hotels) lovely range of toiletries, air con, free Wi Fi and the information folder one of the best I've seen.
Excellent location I would definitely stay again. Thank you for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a charming and very well run guest house, positioned for easy access to the town centre. Very good amenities and super friendly and helpful staff made for a relaxed stay. Our rooms were spacious and well appointed, although we found the bed mattresses somewhat problematical (always a difficult issue for any guest house, given a wide range of individual tastes). Overall, a really great space to hang out in a great toen for a few days.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thank you for your review, I am so pleased you were happy with your stay and enjoyed our friendly staff, location, amenities and spacious, well appointed rooms. I am surprised you found the mattress problematic as we use a super quality, thick mattress protector on the beds to add to the comfort level. I trust that this did not detract from your overall enjoyment and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband was staying with our baby son whilst I stayed nearby as part of a hen party group(!) :-D
The staff were great!! Very helpful and supportive. I was able to pop back to feed my son when required.
The single room was quite small but that was because we had a travel cot (provided by the hotel) in there - it was very comfortable and had everything we needed. Nice toiletries and fluffy white towels.
Breakfast good too (particularly the croissants I'm told!).
Great location.
Very clean.
We would certainly stay again.

All staff were great, particularly Katrina.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, it made us all, especially me, a bit broody, having such a gorgeous baby in the house! Thank you for the comments regarding our service and the location and breakfast, there is more so, do come and stay with us again and enjoy our large double bedrooms together.

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I have to travel to Bath alot and have stayed in a range of preferences. While this isn't the cheapest hotel, it has become my preferred choice. The rooms are airy, the staff very friendly and professional, you never feel rushed. The location is fantastic! Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012
tintraveller, Owner at The Windsor, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write this kind review, repeat custom is always a compliment and it is always nice to see a familiar face. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.