“excellent and authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Rustico Bistro

Rustico Bistro
Ranked #15 of 567 Restaurants in Bath
Good for: Romantic, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: Traditional and authentic italian restaurant
london
“excellent and authentic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited here on our first night in Bath; don't be fooled by the simple exterior, the food and service were both excellent. Bright lighting did mean it wasn't particularly romantic setting, however perfect for friends wanting value for money.

• Polish first
Bath, United Kingdom
“You won't be disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Ate here on a Friday evening. Pleased to be able to get a table upstairs at the last minute, and not at all disappointed. Very attentive staff; good food and drink; all in all very enjoyable experience. Perhaps the food doesn't quite merit a five-star rating, but for honest Italian food in a lovely setting (we were frequent visitors to Bistro Papillon, the previous tenants), its hard to beat.

Thames Valley
“A lucky find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

If I lived in or near Bath, I suspect that I would rapidly become a regular customer!

We ate there on a Sunday evening, a time when the service and food in many a restaurant is at its worst, but we could fault neither, in this small and very unpretentious bistro.

We chose from the Specials [carpaccio of beef to start, followed by filet of sea bass], both of which were excellent.

The wine list offered plenty of choice of both red and white at sensible prices, but we were tempted by rose - there was just one, and that unknown to me, but my questions about it were immediately answered by an offer to taste it.

Home made tiramasu was good, as was the bought in sorbet [it's nice to get an honest answer...]

Space and furnishings are typical of many small bistro [small and simple] but tables are not so jammed in that one cannot move, and the background music was at a level that did not inhibit normal conversation.

“Italy, passion, Rustico.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Hello there I'm just a tourist in Bath, the food was great, I had the beef carpaccio followed by a filet steak perfectly medium rear, my patter had chicken leaver and fettyccine with fresh tuna aubergines and fresh mind, just delicious.
To finish we sheared a profitterol with chili and chocolate, usunual but amazing. The service was really professional and I could see a wonderfull atmosphere between kitchen and waiters, I love the blond waiter was so cute.
I can just say the best italian restaurant I went in uk, I don't really trust all this big companies like Jamie Oliver and carluccios to much commercial and not authentic. Trust me I'm Itallian.
P.S. sorry for my English

Oxford, United Kingdom
“Great little place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

We enjoyed our meal in this friendly little place.
The food was delicious, though we found it all much too salty.
The service was excellent.
If they would cut back on the salt, we'd gladly return...often!