“The best Italian food outside Italy!”
Review of Rustico Bistro

Rustico Bistro
Ranked #26 of 612 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional and authentic italian restaurant
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had an utterly delicious lunch at this little bistro today. Unassuming, unpretentious it may be but when it comes to food Rustico Bistor packs a punch. The food, robust and full of flavours that sing around your palette, had me groaning with pleasure with every forkful. My husband's aubergine wrapped monkish, deep-fried in aromatic breadcrumbs was light and fresh. A combination that worked brilliantly and unlike anything we'd tasted before. My carpaccio of Tuna was so well seasoned and piquant with capers and herbs. Our mains didn't disappoint either I had very fresh Monk fish with fettuccine and fragrant herbs,So moreish I wanted to lick the plate! my husband's sea bass was equally delicious. Even though we were rather full by now, we couldn't resist the almond parfait which was wonderfully creamy and sooo almondy. All this marvelous food was produced before our eyes in a kitchen the size of a phone booth. The chef was so close I could almost touch him. We would heartily recommend this little gem. A true taste of Italy.

Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

We were recommended this by our b& b host . Wonderful atmosphere .truely Italian . Such a small kitchen producing the best fillet steak I have ever had

1  Thank Mathsbaker
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've recently moved back into this neighbourhood of Bath. And I have re-discovered this lovely little restaurant.

It's a perfect family-run Italian restaurant - with very reasonable food and wine-by-the-glass prices relative to the the quality. The linguine with clams on my recent visit was just great.

1  Thank Philip O
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We recently visited as a family of 4 (with 2 teenagers). There was a good selection of interesting dishes on the menu, plus a few specials - all cooked in the kitchen right next to us. The food arrived at the table within a few seconds of being cooked.
Very friendly and helpful staff. Ie liked the wild boar starter and the swordfish special in particular.

Reviewed October 28, 2012 via mobile

This is a delightful restaurant serving delicious food in a warm and friendly atmosphere. Each course was excellent, especially the Fillet of beef all four of us chose for our main course - the best we had tasted anywhere. We would recommend this restaurant to everyone who loves good food.