“Refused to sell Spanish Omelette”
Review of Metropolitan Cafe

Metropolitan Cafe
Ranked #247 of 574 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Bath
“Refused to sell Spanish Omelette”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I went to the Metropolitan Cafe last week and ordered Spanish Omelette for myself and my partner but was told it had all been sold, I pointed to the substantial piece of Spanish omelette on the counter and was told "that's for someone else", confused I asked "If you've sold it why is it still here?" to which I received a non committal response. I believe they were holding it back to eat themselves, either way I was obliged to order something else from the menu and the omelette was still there when we left.

Not very customer focused, they managed to burn some cheese which made the cafe (which is very small) smell ghastly.

My sandwich was ok but I did feel cheated, I won't be rushing back.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Boo R

Dorset
“Great vegetarian cafe in the heart of Bath......”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

First visit to this cafe on Sunday 13th January and is well worth the 5 stars. Tasty vegetarian menu - I had a really good soup and goats cheese ciabatta for 6.75 and a local Bath ale. I went with my 3 children and the cafe also has a really good, simple and cheap menu for kids which was just perfect. Note that this kids menu was not apparent on the street before we went in but is inside. The cafe is above an interesting gift shop but despite being on the first floor the staff helped with our pram and were all really pleasant. We ordered the wrong thing for our 6 year old son and they replaced it for free even though we were just going to buy another dish for him - this level of customer service is the best it can be. There are some good window seats for people watching and a relaxed atmosphere unlike many cafes. High ceilings and big windows give a light and airy feel and this combined with tasty food and smiling helpful staff make a great cafe. Will be returning when in Bath next. If the owner reads this the young man who seemed to be in charge that day is superb - a credit to the cafe.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

Took a while to get a table, but it was worth the wait. I'm off dairy and wheat and it's hard to find places that completely cater to my needs. When I asked what they could offer they made me a massive salad, which wasn't on the menu. Very happy! Staff were lovely and general ambience was very pleasant.

• Visited January 2012
London, United Kingdom
“like eating in a student bedsit”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

We had coffee here about 10 years ago and it was rubbish. Thought it must have changed by now so gave it a go today. The staff were pleasant but didn't have a clue. The "red velvet" cake was reccomended and when it finally arrived with the worlds smallest cup of coffee (not espresso) it was un-cooked tasteles and unedible. The tray it was brought on was filthy as was the table. Everyone seemed to be complaining about their food or the long wait. I would tell anyone to go to one of the many other cafes in Bath but avoid this one at all costs!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank Been123
Bath, England
“Gorgeous Cakes”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Good overall.

Staff are all very friendly whenever we visit. Great mouth-watering cake selection. Tried their orange and lemon cheesecake a few months ago - it was to die for.

The decor feels shabby. Like the thought provoking quotations painted on the walls, but the floors, tables etc feel shabby.

Do visit regularly though as they serve some of the better tasting cakes in Bath. Drinks are okay.

Bit on the pricey side compared to other cafes though.

• Visited July 2011