“Highly recommended”

Bloomfield House
Ranked #43 of 159 Bath B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I agree with all the other reviews, one of the best B & B's we have stayed in for a long time. Comfortable, quiet but with beautiful decor and the cleanliness was of the highest standard.
The owners are friendly but not in your face and the breakfast is amazing and cooked to order. One not to miss.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 6, 2013

My husband and I went to Bath for our anniversary weekend away. We always planned to stay in a hotel, but thought that we would try the Bloomfield House. We had such a lovely two days. The owners were very welcoming and friendly. The bedroom had a fourposter bed - very comfortable. A bay window overlooking the garden. A delicious breakfast. We felt there was that personal touch that you don't get staying in hotels. We hope to revisit next year.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a very nice place to stay for ne night
Rooms were nice and clean, bathroom was absolutely gorgeous with a view
The only big negative were the mattresses : why do English hotels and b+b insist on these steel framed mattresses with large coils, as soon as they are worn, you can feel every single coil, thus a very bad night
The hosts were nice and friendly and an amreican couple was 'learning the trade'
The chef had to learn still the difference beween an omelet and scrambled eggs, but apart from that, the breakfast was great
And the dog of the house is quite a character

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Bath is a city that I fell in love with as a child. I have been there many times throughout my life and it has never failed to inspire and delight me.

Ive never considered a B & B before so this was a new adventure for me.

When we arrived I was delighted to see that this property had all the charm and character the city is famous for. We were greeted by our host who took the time to talk to us and outline the various services and facilities available during our stay. She was knowledgable and informative putting us immediatley at ease. Within minutes I knew we would feel at home and comfortable here. So much so that our usual Hotel occupation being a must has somewhat subsided and the informal efficiency displayed during our stay at Bloomfield House has meant that next time we are able to stay in Bath, this will undoubtedly be our venue of choice.

Our room was in keeping with the rest of the property with decor and an eclectic mix of period furniture and curios in abundance. We had a comfortable room with en suite, TV, Wi FI and a splendid looking semi canopied bed.The location is a quiet one within a comfortable walking distance from the city centre although in bad weather I would sooner get a bus or taxi. Fresh linen, towles and quality toletries were supplied together with a complementary botttle of Irish Cream, tea and two kinds of coffee. If there had been anything we had wanted I would have felt comfortable asking as I'm sure our host would have done her very best to accomodate any request we had.

After a restful nights sleep we were treated to a hearty breakfast made up of good quality local produce that was well cooked and presented. It could not be faulted.

This venue is not the sort of place that would necessarily appeal to those used to package holidays and cheap flights but then again its not aimed at that market thankfully. It is a peacful and comfortable refuge for the more discerning person that appreciates understated taste and a more refined approach without pretence or ceremony.

In summary life has taught me that you can never please everyone. I read some of the reviews here for this venue and quite frankly suggest that things like criticising the size of the hall in the property invalidate any furhter consideration of that review!!!!

It is a lovely place to stay and I look forward to going back there.

1  Thank Carcoos
KarenWeston, Owner at Bloomfield House, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

What a truly beautiful review - Thank you. It is so wonderful to have all that we do fully appreciated for all the right reasons! This is the sort of response that makes our work so very rewarding.
We very much hope to see you again. Karen

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I took my girlfriend to Bath for her birthday weekend, and found Bloomfield House on Laterooms.

Our two nights there were perfect. We stayed in a lovely old-style room with lots of character, the bed was incredibly comfortable and there was a very generous decanter of port in the room. The gardens and house were absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed an excellent breakfast, and a friendly welcome from all, including the pets.

Practical advice on getting around etc was happily offered - the proprietor (Karen I think!) gave us advice on where to find a local outdoor swimming place.

Weather was fantastic when we stayed, which always helps. Spent a lot of time sitting in the garden playing with Tolly (he loves chasing that ball!) and later watching the bats flying around us at dusk.

If / when we go back to Bath, Bloomfield House will definitely be our number 1 choice.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 2 which overlooks the garden and gives a view down the valley into Bath.
1  Thank Oli B
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Have stayed in many places across the UK.Bloomfield House is a marvellous place to stay.Relaxing! Love the decor.Having access to the garden makes it all the more pleasurable.Karen the owner is very welcoming and friendly.I would recommend it to anyone who comes to Bath a stay here is a must.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank cinty149
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Having stayed in many b&b's and guest houses in the country and world-wide, myself and my partner thought this guest house was outstanding! The Landlady is extremely friendly and informative of the city's interests without providing too much info! The room was amazingly clean and quiet. Beautifully decorated. Actual tea bags and coffee, not the usual sachets which made a huge difference as the morning tea was superb! We opted out of the morning breakfast as we had plans made, but I have no doubt that it would have been great. We will bookmark this one for our regular trips to Bath. 5 Stars!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple