All reviews irish cream four poster beautiful house city centre bath experience old house definately stay again home from home delicious breakfast lovely surprise great hosts other guests comfortable rooms guest house a lovely stay full english beautiful room
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Lovely Guest House, excellent breakfast and perfect hosts, all made for a very pleasant Easter weekend. About a 15 minute walk into Bath and if we didn't feel like walking back after a day exploring the city, it was an easy bus trip back, which stopped just a few yards from the Guest House. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very nice setting, beautiful house and friendly hosts. We stayed in a four poster bed that was so comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was perfect. Would definately stay again. We also loved Tolly the dog.

Date of stay: February 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Would highly recommend this traditional hotel in Bath. Welcoming owners, elegant decoration in keeping with building, superb organic food, Good location close enough to town to walk in or take cab, good parking. Original and reasonably priced.

Date of stay: November 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Both rooms were lovely with very tasty breakfast and excellent friendly service from the owners. Would highly recommend a stay. We stayed as two adults two children and it was perfect for our needs within close distance to Bath. Would definitely return.

Date of stay: October 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed in Bloomfield house for a weekend this past August. The B&B is located about a 15 minute walk outside of the city centre on a hill. I took a cab to get there with my luggage which was only about 7 pounds. The rest of the time I walked.

The owners are very friendly people. Karen gave me helpful information as soon as I arrived as well as a map of Bath. The property itself is very beautiful, Georgian style and decorated very tastefully in period style. I stayed in a single room, which was perfect for me - still big enough - and with it's own bathroom. The bathroom had high quality toiletry products, and the room had some tea and a kettle. There was also Wifi :)

The strong point for me was the breakfast which was made by the owners and served in the dining room. It was delicious! Fresh fruit galore, healthy yoghurts, cereal AND full English. I ordered scrambled eggs and it was served with perfectly cooked sausages, mushrooms, and tomato. All you can drink coffee/tea served in a personal cafetiere or teapot - a nice touch.

The one thing I would have liked was some access to a sitting room as with other B&Bs I've stayed in, just to read or something and to enjoy the house more. The fact that it was room-only access except in the morning for breakfast made it feel a bit less like a B&B and more like a hotel - this was the only negative for me at this price level.

Date of stay: August 2012