“Who doesn't want to live where the Lord Mayor and Mayoress did in the 1790s :)?”
Review of Bloomfield House

Bloomfield House
Ranked #44 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Righto, here goes my first trip advisor review! Just goes to show you how much I liked this place really :)

What a cosy B&B in a lovely historic building. I stayed at Bloomfield House for 2 nights. The bed was EXCELLENT - great for the weary traveler that I was. You really feel like you're living in the antique elegance of a prior era. If you're looking to stay in a place that reflects the brilliant history and architecture of Bath, this is it.

I love the fact that this place is family-run. You can tell the hosts really care about your experience since it's a reflection of their home. Wonderful English breakfast, Tolly the dog and all the cats were so much fun. It's a brilliant escape from the impersonal B&B with hospital-like sterility, and at such great value! Honestly just DO IT. Bloomfield House is where to stay if you're visiting Bath. Hopefully I'll come back sometime!

Room Tip: Well it's not like I saw any of the other rooms, but I loved room 6 where I was! It was spacious...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 3, 2013

Lovely Guest House, excellent breakfast and perfect hosts, all made for a very pleasant Easter weekend. About a 15 minute walk into Bath and if we didn't feel like walking back after a day exploring the city, it was an easy bus trip back, which stopped just a few yards from the Guest House. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Very nice setting, beautiful house and friendly hosts. We stayed in a four poster bed that was so comfortable and quiet. The breakfast was perfect. Would definately stay again. We also loved Tolly the dog.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

Would highly recommend this traditional hotel in Bath. Welcoming owners, elegant decoration in keeping with building, superb organic food, Good location close enough to town to walk in or take cab, good parking. Original and reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

Both rooms were lovely with very tasty breakfast and excellent friendly service from the owners. Would highly recommend a stay. We stayed as two adults two children and it was perfect for our needs within close distance to Bath. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I stayed in Bloomfield house for a weekend this past August. The B&B is located about a 15 minute walk outside of the city centre on a hill. I took a cab to get there with my luggage which was only about 7 pounds. The rest of the time I walked.

The owners are very friendly people. Karen gave me helpful information as soon as I arrived as well as a map of Bath. The property itself is very beautiful, Georgian style and decorated very tastefully in period style. I stayed in a single room, which was perfect for me - still big enough - and with it's own bathroom. The bathroom had high quality toiletry products, and the room had some tea and a kettle. There was also Wifi :)

The strong point for me was the breakfast which was made by the owners and served in the dining room. It was delicious! Fresh fruit galore, healthy yoghurts, cereal AND full English. I ordered scrambled eggs and it was served with perfectly cooked sausages, mushrooms, and tomato. All you can drink coffee/tea served in a personal cafetiere or teapot - a nice touch.

The one thing I would have liked was some access to a sitting room as with other B&Bs I've stayed in, just to read or something and to enjoy the house more. The fact that it was room-only access except in the morning for breakfast made it feel a bit less like a B&B and more like a hotel - this was the only negative for me at this price level.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank MikeN7
Reviewed October 9, 2012

A unique b&b, about as far from a chain hotel as you can get. The decor helps create an atmosphere of peaceful luxury and the hosts are very welcoming. We stayed in a room with a 4poster bed which had fantastic views over bath. We were here for two nights with our dog Roxy and were made to feel very welcome. Breakfast was excellent and the location makes for a very peaceful nights sleep. The only niggle was the shower in the ensuite which was a bit temperamental. We would definitely stay again

Room Tip: The room with a four poster bed has fantastic views
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple