5,174 results
All reviews imperial suite ice room vellore restaurant salt room outdoor pool lovely hotel bath spa parking charge on arrival cooked breakfast molton brown toiletries special occasion birthday treat relaxing stay afternoon tea car park city centre
Reviewed August 25, 2015

Lovely hotel, lovely grounds, lovely staff.
We ate dinner in the less formal restaurant, food was ok but not to standard of other 5 star hotels we have stayed in. I had the chicken pasta option which was essentially a well done chicken breast with penne pasta in a basic tomato sauce (£18.50.....ouch!). We looked at the bar drinks menu and saw cocktails for £15 and a standard gin and tonic over £10. I expect mark ups in hotels but for what you get here this seemed a little extreme. This aside, all staff were wonderful and couldn't do enough for you.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2015 via mobile

Visited for a short break. Spa facilities were great and unless you feel a desperate need to visit the rooftop spa in the city, everything is here. Staff all helpful and breakfast very good. Not cheap but worth the price for the little extras. The only caveat is snacks and drinks in hotel quite pricey and with so much choice in the city being only a short walk away you do have that option.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Greenarmy19
Reviewed August 25, 2015

I stayed one night for my mums birthday at this hotel, as the next day we had treatments booked in thermae bath spa. We did not receive a warm welcome at all! we had no smile or enthusiasm from the young woman who served us, she had given us no information at all, and when we asked to be shown to our room, she took us to the lift, and mumbled what floor to get off as she walked away. We went back down to the reception desk as our TV was not providing any chanells. The same young woman was their with a college of hers as we explained the situation they just both kept asking us if we tried this and that, we explained we had tried alot of things and we cannot get it to work they huffed and called someone over to help us (the only gentleman who was kind and had great customer service) we then asked were breakfast was held and between what time , also regarding parking if it was okay to leave my car there all day which i was then told it was a £5 charge without asking i would not of known this. i dont expect to have to ask all of this and receive such attitude towards the answers as if it was and effort to even talk to us. Breakfast the next day was just as bad the service from all staff was bad and tea and toast took 45 min to get to us. As well as checking out we received terrible customer service we did not get asked how are stay was nothing! just stared at blankly waiting for us to leave. i cannot beleive how unfriendly and unwelcoming the staff were at this hotel. i will not be returning nor will i be reccomending to stay here.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Aimee-Louise G
BathSpaHotel, Senior Guest Services Manager at MacDonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2015

Dear Aimee-Louise G,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was disappointed to hear that you were unhappy with your stay at the Hotel and that you felt that the Reception staff did not provide quality customer service to you. Delivering the highest standards of service to all our guests is at the heart of our core values and I would always welcome your feedback where you feel that this has not been the case.

Clearly more concern should have been shown to you by our Front of House team when you raised your issues with them, I can assure you that this is certainly not the normal level of service that we strive to provide to our guests and again I can only apologise for this shortcoming.

I have passed your comments on to the Front of House and Restaurant Managers who would like to offer their apologies for these shortcomings.

I do hope that you will reconsider your opinion and that the shortcomings you encountered will not prevent you from returning back to the Bath Spa Hotel again.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 25, 2015

The room we were in had the squeakiest ceiling and any movement above made loud noises. It was impossible to sleep. I tried to called reception around 11pm for 5 minutes and there was no answer. Eventually when I called again at 2.30am someone answered the phone and promised to investigate. It's a 5 star hotel and it could not even promise a basic environment for a good night sleep. No matter how good the garden or the spa is, it's utterly disappointing.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank gbb911

Dear gbb911,

I was disappointed to hear that you did not get good night’s sleep at the Hotel. Delivering the highest standards of service to all our guests is at the heart of our core values and I would always welcome your feedback where you feel that this has not been the case.

Clearly more concern should have been shown to you by our Night team when you raised your issues with them, I can assure you that this is certainly not the normal level of service that we strive to provide to our guests and again I can only apologise for this shortcoming.

I have passed your comments on to the Senior Night Manager who would like to offer their apologies for this shortcoming.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 24, 2015

At a five star hotel, you should not have to: (I) tell the hotel what should be in your room when you arrive, (ii) wait an age for it to arrive, (iii) spend ages waiting for reception to answer calls. We did.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear 256anon,

I was extremely sorry to hear that you felt your stay was disappointing and did not live up to your expectations, I have passed on all your comments to the relevant Heads of Department who would like to join me in offering their apologies for your shortcomings, they will also be speaking to the team to ensure situations like this do not reoccur.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you to the Hotel again.

Best wishes and kind regards,