“Outstanding”

Ranked #19 of 34 Hotels in Bath
London
“Outstanding”
Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights. Everything about the stay was fantastic. The staff went out of their way to be pleasant and helpful. They were extremely attentive and friendly. The room was stunning and had every amenity. The spa facilities were excellent too. The whole hotel is beautiful and is only a short walk down the hill into Bath city centre. A wonderful stay. Faultless. We will be back.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear GazLondon

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for such a helpful review and your kind comments about the staff.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with all the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Managing Director

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (512)
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Upon arrival all staff were very friendly and helpful. We stayed at the hotel for my Fiancée's birthday. Neither of us have never experienced such attention to detail.

We were shown around the hotel by Ra, who made us feel special !

This was followed by a full body massage in the SPA. I can not remember the last time I felt so relaxed. Sue did an amazing job.

Ra then brought champagne, canapés and birthday cup cake to our room. This really was the icing on the cake...

We had reserved a table for dinner. We were initially shown to the bar area and presented with menus. Although both food and drink were expensive, I feel you are also paying for the service and attention to detail.

Brian did a superb job in serving us. The food was very tasty and perfectly cooked.

The only downside was the £5 add on for parking. I would suggest that the management look at including this in the overall price.

Fantastic experience. We hope to return.

Dear Jtfstewart

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for such a helpful review and your kind comments about the hotel and individual members of the team that you single out for providing such good service. I will pass on your comments.

torquay
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

My mum and I spent a night bed, breakfast and dinner here. We arrived and greeted by the lovely staff who were so helpful. The grounds and hotel itself are beautiful.
We were shown to our room and it was very clean. I had a full body massage and followed with a couple of hours in the thermal suite and outdoor pool. The facilities are great however they could do with having a good clean down and someone to attend the area more often as there ended up being piles of dressing gowns everywhere!
We had cocktails followed by what I can only describe as one of the best meals I have ever had. The food and staff were fantastic. The waiter recommended the chocolate fondue and it was out of this world.
Goodnight sleep in comfy beds. Breakfast was a slightly more chaotic experience and we had to ask on numerous occasions for toast and I gave up asking for a pot of tea! Overall very good, suggest maybe having staff waiting on set tables in the morning?!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank ilovethesunTorquay
Dear ilovethesun

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such an even handed and positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am so glad you enjoyed the spa, it can get quite busy at times. I am sorry you did not get your tea at breakfast. Thank you for such a helpful review and your kind comments about the team at the hotel and dinner.

I will be delighted to share your feedback with the team as I know they will be encouraged by it.

Carlisle, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I booked a two night break at this hotel as a surprise for my wife. The hotel is in a good location for exploring Bath, and the rooms were clean and comfortable, with good service. A couple of small complaints, the first night at the hotel there was a problem with the satellite reception, which meant we couldn't watch TV (this problem affected the entire hotel), and one morning the cooked breakfast was cold by the time it arrived at our table, which is not what you'd expect from a 5* hotel. Having said that, we enjoyed our stay, and enjoyed the spa facilities at the hotel (which was one of the main reasons for booking the hotel in the first place). If we were to visit Bath again, I'd certainly consider going back to the Bath Spa Hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sbickers1
Dear Sbickers 1

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such an even handed review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that overall you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry about the problem you experienced with the TV reception which we rectified the next day and also the issue you had with breakfast. Thank you for such a helpful review and your kind comments about your stay.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This was bought by my partner as a surprise birthday treat for me.
The hotel is absolutely gorgeous with extremely friendly and helpful staff. The rooms were a great size complete with queen sized bed and balcony. There was a lovely birthday box of chocolates waiting in the room when we arrived-a lovely touch.
The spa was also great with a heated outdoor pool, complete with jacuzzi bubbles.
Food was delicious, although the evening meals were a little pricy with two courses for £38 or three courses for £48.

The only thing that let the hotel down was the £5 car park fee, which should be scrapped. We also struggled with the wifi and the air con, but other than that a wonderful hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Dear Lauracot,

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit a positive review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit. We do appreciate such a helpful review and I am so glad that you enjoyed the birthday celebrations. I am sorry that you struggled with our free Wifi and the Air Conditioning.

Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

I bought a single night break for my mother for her birthday. We went together and had the most lovely time.
We arrived before the room was ready, no problem, took our luggage and off we went into Bath.
On our return bags in room and a free upgrade to a garden view room.
Great spa facilities, the outdoor hot spa a must!!
We could not fault our stay, amazing breakfast freshly prepared with great local ingredients.

• Stayed April 2014
Jonathan D, Managing Director at Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear BridgetG

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to submit such a glowing review following your stay at the Macdonald Bath Spa Hotel.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your visit for your mother's birthday and you particularly enjoyed our spa facilities. We appreciate such a helpful review.

Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Really friendly staff in this big old Georgian House with gardens and its own spa. Somehow the £5 parking fee was overlooked. Nice size very comfortable room with a little balcony looking onto the garden.
Perfect location as only a short walk into town past a privately - owned art gallery with cafe all set in its own garden and access to the riverside. Only booked for one night but I'd like to stay longer especially in the summer where the terrace is laid out for drinks and dinner. A little bit pricey but they do deals and the use of the spa ad gym are part of the deal.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the garden. We had 205