Dukes Hotel
  • Room Service
$142
$138
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Express Bath(Bath)(Great Value!)
$88
The Bath Priory(Bath)
$285
Orbitz.com
1,358 results
All reviewsparking permitmadeleinesgreat pulteney streetbeaufort roomtop floorno liftgeorgian hotelblack puddingfour postercity centreflights of stairsstreet parkingbox of chocolatesfull englishbreakfast was deliciouskippersfirst floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed at Dukes at the beginning of May and made so welcome as soon as we arrived. The hotel is very central to the town, the hotel decor and the room we had was lovely. The staff could not have done more and definitely would go back.

Room Tip: Look at their website and if you see the room you would like request it as they were very accommodating.
2  Thank liz y
ChristopherCameron, Owner at Dukes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a very kind review – delighted that you enjoyed a wonderful time in Bath – we look forward to welcoming you back to Dukes.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We had a lovely stay in the Dukes, in a stunningly beautiful room, very spacious and nicely decorated. The location is perfect, only a 5 minute stroll to the center of Bath. Hotel staff is friendly and helpful, they accomodate your every wish. Breakfast is served downstairs in a yet again beautiful room, choice of warm breakfast is very good and service friendly.

Room Tip: Loved the Norfolk, very spacious. Also suitable if you travel with a young child as you can close of the sitting room from the bedroom with ensuite.
1  Thank Anouk2011

Thank you for your very kind review. Many of our rooms boast wonderfully high ceilings; all offer individual elements of charm, most are a little frayed and creaky. I am delighted that you so thoroughly enjoyed staying within a Georgian antique townhouse and found our team friendly, helpful and attentive. Many thanks.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed in Duke's for 2 nights. The hotel is in a building which is around 150 years old. It is a beautiful building on a quiet street and very near to the station and the Roman Baths (10 minutes walking). Since the hotel is in an old building, there are no lifts. However, you can get help in carrying bags etc upstairs. The rooms are big and clean. David went out of the way to get us all the info and tips. He arranged for the cabs and helped us with the tour to Stonehenge and helped us plan our itinerary. The breakfast was hot and good. We had a lovely time. Thanks David and Carole for all the help and the info. Would strongly recommend this place

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing a very considerate review. We have a superb team who share a genuine interest in ensuring guests see Bath and the local area at its very best. Within our guesthouse we offer 17 rooms with a range of prices and features. Our clear intention is to offer value for money and I am pleased that you found this to be the case. Thank you for the ‘strongly recommended’ commendation. We look forward to welcoming you once again.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Dukes Hotel for two nights as our base for our visit to Bath. The staff was unfailingly polite, friendly and helpful. Their restaurant recommendations were great, especially our second night, and the restaurant was right down the street. The location is great. We were able to walk everywhere. Our room was lovely, and the bed was comfortable. Finally, my husband had a minor medical problem, and the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. If and when I return to Bath, I will definitely return to the Dukes!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for writing such a considerate review. As you note we are fortunate to rest within two marvellous town houses on possibly the most magnificent boulevard in Europe. We always endeavour to look after the very best interests of our guests; I am pleased that we were able to assist. We look forward to welcoming you both back to Dukes.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 3 nights and used the hotel as a base to explore Bath and the surrounding area. The hotel was excellent and was located in the perfect place close to the city centre. We were given an upgrade on the room even though we did not ask which was a nice touch. The staff were amazing! They were probably the most friendly and helpful hoteliers I have stayed with, nothing was too much trouble and they did all they could to help and advise us with our break in Bath. The bed was enormous and extremely comfortable, I slept like a log every night. I would not hesitate to recommend Dukes and I would stay there again if I should return to Bath.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am delighted that you found the entire team so friendly and helpful and that you enjoyed a wonderful, peaceful sleep. In turn may I thank you for your whole hearted recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to Bath.