“Lovely & well run”

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #10 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 22, 2014

I stayed a night with my wife prior to our cycle trip & the Hotel was just grand. The staff were very helpful, but not obsequious and they coped with us putting our bikes together in the garden without any fuss.
A lovely room, nicely furnished & an excellent breakfast. It is well maintained & situated close to everything you would want to see. We will go back.

Room Tip: I suspect higher rooms will be nicer as long as you are happy with the stairs.
2  Thank TheCyclist42

Reviewed June 18, 2014

I have just spent 1 night in this lovely hotel with my daughters. The customer service was excellent and consistent from all members of staff throughout our stay. I would like add a special mention for the outstanding food we ate from The Olive Tree restaurant, you must be very proud of your chef, the food was superb. Thank you.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My fiancé and I stayed here during a 3 week tour of Europe. We got upgraded when we checked in and the staff were all very professional. This hotel is very conveniently located and is an easy walk to the Roman Baths and shopping. My favorite part of this hotel was its garden. We returned from dinner, ordered a bottle of wine, and enjoyed the rest of our evening outside. After, we went inside for an after dinner drink and had a nice time with the bartender and another couple. This was a great choice for accommodation in Bath.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We spent 3 nights in Bath and stayed at the Queensberry. They were very helpful in arranging a car service from the Bristol Airport. The rooms were very nice - we had a problem with the drain in the shower and they upgraded our room for our last 2 nights. Breakfast was also very nice.

Reviewed June 11, 2014

My husband and I have just stayed 2 nights at this wonderful hotel. We enjoyed every minute of our stay here and would not hesitate to recommend it. We arrived relatively late on the Saturday evening due to work commitments, the car valet system works very well, the car and our luggage were whisked away, and we were taken up to our fantastic deluxe room (number 10). The sun was streaming in through the large sash windows (the building is beautiful) and a bottle of prosecco was on ice, bliss at the end of a long day. It continued to get better from there, delicious cocktails in the bar from Sarah (thanks again!) as well as top tips for a fun night out in Bath. The Olive Tree restaurant food was outstanding and the staff extremely professional yet friendly too. Breakfast the following morning was just as good.

The staff recommended a local restaurant for dinner the following night and we finished off with a glass of champayne in the court yard at the hotel. I fancied a cup of tea and a fresh pot was made and brought up to the room, despite me insisting I could wait, the homemade biscuits were a nice touch too. We have been lucky to travel a lot and stop in many nice hotels throughout the UK and internationally. The attention to detail, customer service and standard of this hotel is 5 star, professional yet laid back and friendly too.

Thanks again to all of the staff, for making us feel so welcome and for a lovely relaxed weekend experience. We will definitely stop again next time we are in Bath, hopefully see you soon,

Jane and Andy Lucas-McGrath

p.s book through the hotel for special extras!

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Queensbury for 2 nights in a Deluxe Room as part of the Two Night Break ‘deal’. The reservation process was easy and the reservation’s team helpful, the thank you gifts you get for booking direct are a nice touch. The hotel is split across 3 now joined two houses which makes for a characterful warren of stairs and room. Having stayed here before I know that the rooms vary notable in size with some of the ‘classic doubles’ at the small end of what is acceptable for the price. That said our Deluxe room was spacious with a large corner sofa/table, big bed, walk in wardrobe and good sized bathroom. The fixtures and fittings are traditional rather than modernist, and the whole hotel is best described as delivering understated elegance with a waft of shabby chic rather than clinical modern finishes and decor. As with most places you get what you pay for and here at least some of the cost is due to location (hotels in this part of Bath aren’t cheap) as well as elegance. Breakfast is good, focusing on quality and service over quantity. The only grumble of our stay is the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room. They serve free tea and coffee in the drawing room downstairs 0800-2000, but this doesn’t address the desire for tea in bed without the wait and +£4 cost of a tea/coffee from room service (although this does include biscuits)

Room Tip: The classic doubles are small
Reviewed June 6, 2014

My sister and I just stayed at the Queensberry for four nights. Although the photos online look like there are only king beds, they were able to twin the beds for us. We walked into a spacious room with a beautiful white bathroom. The room had two robes for us, a TV (which we didn't use), a radio and a couch, and the hotel even offered a complimentary shoe cleaning and polishing service each night. They had a free tea and coffee service daily from 8-8 - a huge perk in my mind! Although the walk from the city center was straight uphill, it was not far and easy to walk to all important sites in the city. Because we booked through the hotel, we were entitled to a 10% discount at their restaurant, which was delicious but very pricey. The staff was friendly and helpful. The only downsides to this hotel were that the breakfast was very expensive (20 pounds a day for the two of us!), so we skipped it and were able to eat very cheaply and happily at several of the nearby bakeries and pastry shops (we recommend the Bertinet bakery!), and that there were a million stairs and hallways to navigate. The hotel had previously been several row homes, so connecting them proved to be complicated. If you can't do stairs easily, I would be sure to specify that in your room request. But since the staff was so kind, I'm sure they would accommodate! My last complaint was that we needed to sleep with the windows open as so not to totally burn up over night, so when there was street noise, we heard all of it, and the clerk at the reception was not willing to ask the people (who apparently were also guests at the hotel) to please be quieter. We stayed during the week, so this was only a problem one night - I expect there might be more noise on a weekend, so either bring ear plugs or ask for a room that faces the garden!

Room Tip: We liked our room (30), but since it overlooked the street, noise was a problem one night. I would c...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family