“As ever, best hotel in Bath”
Review of Queensberry Hotel

Queensberry Hotel
Ranked #13 of 34 Hotels in Bath
GreenLeadersSilver level
London, United Kingdom
“As ever, best hotel in Bath”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Do you want the best service, from the nicest people, in the most comfortable hotel in the centre of Bath, with the nicest rooms, best restaurant (have I mentioned the service and the people enough for you to believe me)? Stay at The Queensberry, ably managed by Lauren. You won't ever want to stay anywhere else

Room Tip: I always choose The Queensberry when travelling to Bath - all the rooms have their own character and...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Lauren M, General Manager at Queensberry Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Fraser P

What a lovely review!

We have always maintained that anyone can create a beautiful hotel but creating a team of people that genuinely care about providing guests with an exceptional experience is what sets one hotel apart from another.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

Lauren McCann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
london
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Well being a previous guest of the queensberry five years ago and having a five star stay I left yesterday feeling disappointed. I agree with many other reviews in that the location is great, the valet parking a godsend, the design of the hotel perfect and the staff all very courteous. Our disappointment started with evening room service. We planned to relax and eat in our room after a wonder around the glorious Xmas markets. We placed a very simple order which took over an hour to be delivered, when it arrived the only hot dish was cold, the order was missing our drinks and the bread roll side. The waiter disappeared to return 15mins later with the drinks, then disappeared again to return another 15mins later with two very stale, inedible bread rolls. He was very apologetic and polite and the hotel did not charge us for the room service after I complained so that was very fair. In the morning we ordered our tea. I will not rehash the debate about the lack of tea making facilities in the room but will say I stay in top hotels every week and all have tea making facilities even old Georgian buildings. The managers previous comments about this debate I find poor. There were three empty cupboard areas in our room to put a tea cupboard, plenty of plugs and bottled water . To be honest I think you should let the customer decide about the teabag/uht milk decision. If they don't want it they will order room service but at least we have the option. Anyway I digress, tea arrives pretty quick but not a single little biscuit in site!! Come on queensberry, that's a British tradition!!!! I was later told if you order tea in the afternoon you get a biscuit!! Seriously! The bed was very soft and not at all supportive, (reminded me of my nans 30yr old mattress) but that's just personal preference. The valence was ripped and tatty. Maybe I was just unlucky as there seem to be many good reviews about this hotel. What I will say is, my one night stay including tea and parking was £264. I have this month stayed in the Grange, London and the Sheraton, London and actually paid slightly less for a 5star very luxurious room and impeccable service at both. This is why I have only given the queensberry 3 stars. It was just no comparison. Sorry

• Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 5, 2013

A great place to stay when in Bath. Wonderful location - a wander down the hill and you are in the city with all it's attractions. An extremely comfortable hotel. Restaurant excellent and the staff friendly and offering very good service. Will return.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SGAW
Victor, Idaho
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Wonderful experience! We were here for five days.
The staff of the hotel were from all over the EU, and tried very hard to make sure we felt special. The Olive Tree Restaurant was magnificent. I was thinking about the duck entree yesterday.

We would travel again to Bath, just to relax at this wonderful hotel! Thanks to all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
edinburgh
Reviewed November 29, 2013

very well presented huge room and bathroom in a classic Georgian terrace in Bath, lovely friendly staff, good location close to the center but quiet, first class breakfast, cant fault it, we will return

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jsbEdinburgh
Kent
Reviewed November 29, 2013

The Queensbury is becoming a favourite haunt! We normally go for the Christmas Market but went slightly earlier this year to miss all the busyness in the town . Superb room and excellent service. This may not be one of the cheapest accommodation options in Bath but you absolutely get what you pay for.
Dinner in The Olive Tree again was fantastic.

Looking forward to my next visit in 2014!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank EDKD
The South West
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Thanks to the staff at the Queensbury for making this a quiet and comfortable stay. My daughter and I were visiting Bath's Christmas market and for her it was the first time she had visited the City. The standard double room was spacious and comfortable with a huge bath, industrial strength shower and a super little sofa to make the room feel homely. The bed was really comfy.
As we were keeping costs low and with the concern that my daughter would not make it down in time for breakfast, we opted for room only. To us this was ideal as there is such a wide variety of cafes within 5 minutes downhill. The hotel is also in an excellent position for the Circus, Royal Crescent, the Fashion Museum and most welcome on our first day - it is 3 minutes from the number 9 City Bus Tour stop.
If and when I go to Bath again this hotel will be top of my list, Thank you.
PS I love your lounge lampshades!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family