“Great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aio Restaurant - CLOSED

Aio Restaurant
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Digital Payments, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Roughly translated from Sardinian, Aio' means come and join us, it's an appropriate title for one of Bath's most welcoming restaurants. Currently the only restaurant in the South West specialising in Sardinian cuisine, Aio', on George Street is close to the Assembly Rooms and The Circus, is a unique dining proposition, providing Bath's gastronomes with an opportunity to step outside of the Italian comfort zone. A modern interior inspired by the warm tones and natural materials of a traditional trattoria leads through to a suntrap courtyard just made for enjoying Aio's summery cuisine.
england
“Great find!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

Myself and my boyfriend came accross this restaurant by pure chance. We wanted to eat and sit in the sun and there were 5 or so tables outside this very small Sicilian restaurant in Bath.
We were overwhelmed by the smells of the food being eaten around us so thought we would give it a try.
We were not disappointed! Beautifully cooked fresh fish with the flavours of Italy, certainly the most traditional tasting food I have eaten in this country. I went for the sunday special, roast suckling pig, amazing.
Friendly service, reasonably priced for the quality you get. Will definitely visit again.

• Polish first
Skegness
“Worst meal of the week”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

My wife and I ate at Aio on Sunday 5th May. We booked the Sunday as they were advertising their suckling pig special. However, when we arrived we were told they had none left despite it being only 7:30pm and they still were advertising it outside. They offered another pork dish instead which we ordered. A starter of crab cakes and squid was poor, obviously reheated and tasting of catering cooking oil. The main however was awful. For £18 (each) we received two slices of fatty pork and three reheated roast potatoes (lukewarm) in a thin gravy. A side dish (extra cost!!) of carrots in some sort of lemony gloop was inedible and we left it. Quite possibly the worst value meal we have ever had, it would have been poor value at £9 but £18????
The room was also cold, waiting staff endlessly burst in and out of an external door creating a cold draft. I put my jacket on halfway through the meal but none of the staff took the hint. We should have complained or refused to pay but we were on holiday and didn't want any aggro. Jamie Olivers by contrast was excellent. Avoid Aio at all costs...

4 Thank Philip B
Bath, United Kingdom
“A MUST FOR A DELICIOUS SARDINIAN FOOD EXPERIENCE!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've been to Aio on a couple of occasions now and is one of my favourite places to eat.
The staff are friendly and welcoming in a relaxed atmosphere.
I have been for a quick lunch with my family and had a beautiful lamb ragu with gnocchi which definitely hit the spot.
I've also been in the evening for a romantic meal we shared a Sardinian platter which was full of tasty antipasti treats, i had succulent chicken with fennel for my main my partner had the sea bass, all could not be faulted and couldn't resist the apple style tart!
See for yourself a treat for the taste buds with smiling faces to welcome and serve you.

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing. Poorly cooked food very expensive. Inauthentic Italian.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The waitress was initially very friendly. I ordered the aubergine melanzane which was just shocking; not fresh, steaming hot microwave style, oddly flat, the only flavour was smoked cheese which overpowered all other ingredients, the spinach or basil (not sure which because it was barely recognisable) was so dark green it was nearly black and tasted of water, tomatoes had no flavour.
I have travelled Italy and its islands alot and this was so far off, you could get something more authentic in a chain restaurant which defeats the object of frequenting such a restaurant.
My family ordered porchetta, which was cold when it arrived and looked like below average pub food. We then had to wait 10 minutes for them to reheat it in the oven - and I was left to eat my dish on my own or wait for it to go cold - the waitress simply didn't care. Also her attitude changed when we complained about the cold food - all smiles were promptly stopped. Quite amusing really.
We had planned a nice leisurely long meal with more wine and deserts - instead, we ate what we could of the main, paid up and ran outa there. Utterly horrible experience, such a shame.
Oh, and we wouldn't have minded the price had the food been good - but it was dire. I attempted to complain about my aubergine dish, but the owner or head waiter who had been circling the restaurant before, suddenly disappeared - not to be seen - how utterly predictable.

3 Thank Caroline M
London
“Food very good, service not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My husband and I visited this restaurant for our anniversary. We spent our honeymoon in Sardinia so thought it was fitting. The food itself was very good, however the service let it down. We ordered some sardinian bread to "nibble" whilst waiting for our starters, but having reminded the waitress once, they finally arrived after the starter. The waitresses were friendly, but seemed to be half asleep. It was a shame because the food was tasty. I would say that it is worth a visit, but just be prepared to wait- or if you ask for something don't be afraid to ask for it again if you haven't got it after 5 minutes. it wasn't just us that appeared to be waiting for things, other tables also appeared to have large gaps between courses. My suggestion to the restaurant owner - get some waitressing staff who actually want to be there and who can do the job and you will have a cracking little restaurant.