“Fantastic NYE meal!”
Review of Aio Restaurant - CLOSED

Aio Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Roughly translated from Sardinian, Aio' means come and join us, it's an appropriate title for one of Bath's most welcoming restaurants. Currently the only restaurant in the South West specialising in Sardinian cuisine, Aio', on George Street is close to the Assembly Rooms and The Circus, is a unique dining proposition, providing Bath's gastronomes with an opportunity to step outside of the Italian comfort zone. A modern interior inspired by the warm tones and natural materials of a traditional trattoria leads through to a suntrap courtyard just made for enjoying Aio's summery cuisine.
Worcester, England, United Kingdom
“Fantastic NYE meal!”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Wow! Myself and my partner had a fantastic meal here on NYE. We booked in advance and paid £43 a head for a 4 course meal and a musician playing who was in fact 1 of the chefs. The food we had was fantastic which was helped along nicely by 2 bottles of the house rose ;)

The staff there were so friendly and welcoming so we would definitely visit again!

• Polish first
Barcelona, Spain
“Authentic Italian restaurant in Bath”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friends and I have been in Bath for 3 days. We have been in Aio twice!! We absolutely enjoyed it. The quality of the food was supreme, authentic italian flavours, the starters, pasta dishes and main courses...all homemade and fresh, very well done! We will defenetely raccomand it!! We wish you very good luck!

• Visited January 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Missable”
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Two persons, one starter, one main, a bottle of wine and a small beer plus tip £50.00. Service at best was laboured, we had to ask for menus at the beginning and the menus again when considering a desert. The main of a lamb cutlet, sausage and chicken thigh was ok but it lacked the supposed open flame flavour, the chicken was only just cooked through. My wifes starter was again ok (the lamb slices). All in all I did not think I had been on a Sardinian culinary odyssey. It is hard to get excited about this place.

wiltshire
“Lovely”
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Had the pleasure of visiting Aio last night for my sister's birthday along with my parents and her family.
The restaurant has a real traditional rustic feel to it at the menu is varied and unpretentious.
I had the salt cod fritters to start which were accompanied by some green leaves and tomato.
We also had a sharing platter of various meats, cheeses and char grilled veg.
Our server was fantastic and explained everything about the menu without being patronising. It was very clear that she was not only interested in food but also passionate about her job. A rarity these days in many of Bath's restaurants.

They don't have a childrens menu but happily knocked up some pasta dishes for the kids which went down very well.

My only gripe would be that the girl that showed me to the table didn't take my offer to take my coat that was too long to hang on the chair and I was left standing in the middle of the restaurant looking for a coat hook and that after introducing me to the amazing lager Ichnusa they ran out. Not good on a Saturday night.

Vienna, Austria
“Best swordfish since the Med”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

I'd read about this restaurant and have been eying the Menu for ages but wasn't quite able to find an excuse to splash out on my own. We finally came in for lunch after my graduation ceremony and I was not disappointed. I'm an absolute fish lover so the day's special of grilled swordfish was a welcome treat. Beautifully cooked and served with a salad and a slightly spicy tomato and olive chutney/compote. My companions greatlu enjoyed the Fregola and Chicken dishes, as well as the parmesan mash that came recommended by a very attentive and patient waitress (we'd taken a fair while to settle on wines). As for the side order of grilled veg... a couple of slices or pepper, courgette and aubergine with charr lines and balsamic drizzle - tasty, but not quite there. The Aubergine was leathery and the courgette could have done with a little longer too. All in all, though, I'd give itt another shot.