“It could have been much better”
Review of Garfunkel's

Garfunkel's
Ranked #259 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: European, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

We were visiting Bath and stumbled across Garfunkels. It was in a lovely location and the sun was shining. We had checked the menu and they were doing a main meal for 6.95 at lunch. We went in purely because there were free seats in the outside eating area and the place looked clean and tidy. We went in and were greated by very friendly staff. The drinks came quickly and we were happy. The meal arrived and this is where the start of the dissatisfaction started, my burger was accompanied by 9 chips and so was my wife's omelette. I had two pints of cokes and on the menu it stated free refills on soft drinks. Apparently if you have a pint of coke refilled it doesn't count so please make sure you have a regular and have it refilled 4 times and you will save yourself about £4. When I raised this with the waitress she couldn't have cared any less. Never mind though, I won't be going back again or recommending it so their loss.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Just good food at a reasonable price in Bath. The place is clean, the service fast, The prices are reasonable. You can get a 20% discount coupon out of the local Hoppa Bus brochure. The only item not tasty was the hamburger. It lacked seasoning. Everything else was fine.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

30 minutes for a plate of nachos is unacceptable. They weren't even that nice. Do not come here. Waste of time and money

Reviewed May 5, 2013

After coming into Bath late on Sunday night, we wandered around the town looking for something to eat. This place looked busy and the menu standard fair. However when we were lead to the table we realized the restaurant was less than 1/8th full and they were sitting people by the windows to make it look busy; this should have been out first clue. My husband ordered chicken & mushroom pie and I had cheese & garlic pizza. Mine was ok if a bit bland & not that garlicky; however my husband thought his meal was awful. It was more of a chicken soup in a bowl with a pastry lid, not a true English "pie"; the vegetables were barely cooked and not warm; and the mash was gluey wallpaper paste. We declined dessert and left. The place is well kept and the waitstaff friendly, however the food needs some serious work...

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Having had a great family day in Bath we decided to give Garfunkels another try despite previous dissapointments - what a mistake. The kids were happy with what they had (meatballs and pizza) but my burger was bland and stone cold. My wife had pie and mash. The mash was like powder. Sent them back and declined an alternative. Staff dealt with it well and did not charge us.