“Very unfriendly welcome”

Ranked #175 of 620 Restaurants in Bath
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I revisited this pub today, having had a very mediocre meal about a month ago. I was going to ask for a coffee to take outside. I was barely greeted by the landlady, who looked me up and down and made it clear she wasn't in a hurry to serve me.

I wouldn't recommend this pub to anyone. There are far better ones very close by.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

We have eaten here in the past and have always had good food, and a nice busy atmosphere. Recently we arranged to meet another couple here on a Friday evening. It was very quiet. There were 3 very young staff in attendance. We had very nice food, but it was made abbundantly clear that we were not welcome to stay after we had eaten. We were told well before 10pm that if we would like coffee we should order it now before the machine was cleaned. We would probably have had more drinks from the bar first. 2 of the party had beer which was not right as it was the end of the barrell, and were treated as though they did not know what they were talking about (I can assure you they do) and the beer was only grudgingly changed.
In all we were pretty disappointed as in many ways this is a lovely place for us to meet up.
I doubt we'll be back again soon.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Very tasty and reasonably priced menu. Had asparagus with Parmesan shavings and lemon sauce to start followed by salmon fillet. Good portion size and very tasty and well presented. Shall go again

1  Thank chipbetty
Reviewed May 17, 2013

A lovely pub, but no atmosphere. The old man who was behind the bar, and waiting at tables looked scruffy and miserable. We didn't see him speak or even smile at any of the clientele. No-one asked if we had enjoyed our meal. The food was OK - just. I had the Shiraz, which was quite rough. We have been here before and standards have slipped. Would not recommend, and would not go again. They need to try harder!

Reviewed May 4, 2013

This place does a fantastic range of meals. I've had a few different options and they've all been superbly cooked and very tasty. It's good value for money and the service is polite and friendly.

1  Thank Maz E