“Wonderful on a cold xmas day”

The West Gate Public House
Ranked #266 of 618 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: European
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Fantastic service. I was sad that they had run out of hot-choc, as I was looking forward to getting their Christmas version of the drink with baileys. However, upon asking for another suggestion from the very friendly bar staff I was convinced to try a mulled cider instead. They seem knowledgeable and really care about if you enjoy your time in their cosy pub. Letting me try some of the cider before I bought it was a really nice offer.
I had the Hand-breaded Halloumi and my partner had the Bacon Burger. Both were delishous and the waitress made sure to check that we were enjoying our meal. I would definitely recommend this pub to anyone in the area looking for an informal meal in nice surroundings.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

lovely food, good choice of menu and a relaxed atmosphere. Good value for money too. . . .
Very polite and helpful staff ... and as soon as it starts to get dark, little tea lights are placed on the tables to create an even more relaxing evening... Perfect.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Extensive beer and cider choices, and excellent food--not to mention cosy spots to lounge with friends. Love this place!!

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Very good service, Very good food. Different from your normal pub grub. Very good value & a very nice pub just for a drink. Will be back there next year,

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have visited this pub on many occasions, either for a light snack whilst shopping in Bath or having a few drinks out at the weekend. Have never been disappointed. The staff are always welcoming & the food has been very good. The menu changes regularly enough to keep regulars interested & the drinks are a good selection. We will keep returning!!