“Slow service and at best average food”
Review of George Inn

George Inn
Ranked #406 of 577 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: British and International Classics With A Contemporary Twist. Seasonal Specials Changed Monthly
Leicester
“Slow service and at best average food”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Had made a lunchtime reservation and we arrived slightly late after a longer than planned journey down the M5. I apologised profusely for being late but we then seemed to get slow service for the rest of our meal. The beer was quite good but my simple fish & chips was at best average and took over 1/2 hour to arrive with no explanation or warning.
Would not return.

1 Thank Simon1967
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at George Inn, responded to this review, April 25, 2013
Dear Simon1967, thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisior. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team of the pub. I have sent you a direct message to discuss this further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer

“Worst food and service we have had for a long time. Even our dog would not eat their food. Avoid !”
Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

Me and my wife sat outside with the dog and ordered Sunday roast as the menu pictures looked nice. Food arrived and was just plonked down on table by a moody waiter. Meat was processed rubbish and cold, lots of huge potatoes, 1 carrot and a small piece of broccoli with some tasteless broad beans. Food tasted horrible and was cold and just to finish the horrible experience me and my wife both found white human hairs on the beef, yuck ! Full refund was given but also interesting that our dog who eats anything would not rich this food either !

1 Thank VWD1234
Spirit P, Guest Relations Manager at George Inn, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Vince210362, thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. Your feedback was a concern to hear and I would like to investigate these comments further with the Management Team of the pub & our Health and Safety team. I have sent you a direct message to discuss these comments further and look forward to hearing from you soon. Kind Regards, Chef & Brewer
London, United Kingdom
“Drinks at the George Inn”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Visited the George Inn whilst visting Bath for the weekend with my children and husband. We were greeted warmly by the lovely staff. The bar was full so we sat in the lounge area and it was lovely and cosy. Open log fires and so homely that we didn't want to leave!

Staff made us feel so welcome and especially the children and definitely worth a visit!

Ramsbury, England, United Kingdom
“One of the best meals in a long time.”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Thank god I never looked at the reviews before we went. After reading some of them I had to recheck that they were on about the same pub.

First time I had ever been to the George and infact bathampton.We went as a party of 3 and each of us had a 3 course meal. The menu has a good range of meals and a good selection of sea food. I had prawns with the sweet chili sauce to start followed by the mix grill then a Eton mess on top of cheese cake. The prawns were breaded apart from two which were in a filo pastry. The ones in the filo pastry tasted a little of the freezer but never less the starter was still nice. The mix grill came out perfect and was cooked just how I had asked for it as for the Eton mess I thought it was a little odd to be on a cheese cake but have to say it was one of the best I have tasted. All the food I had seemed of good quality and our whole table enjoyed their meals. I also tasted a chunk of the cod in batter which was my sisters and that to was very nice and tasteful. service was very attentive and nothing could be to much trouble. The food came out in a nice flow and never had to wait long at all. Price wise its not to bad and is about right for the place. After our meal we went for a walk along the canal which is right next door. Would defiantly return hopefully when the weather is warmer.

1 Thank Sarahh672
Cardiff, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Avoid at all cost!”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Had lunch here and have to say it was the worst pub lunch we have ever had. Menu descriptions lead you to believe you're in for a foodie treat. The reality was frozen fish and average chips. The fish was tasteless and had a very unpleasant texture. The fish platter was disgusting; it had obviously come straight out of the fridge with unspreadable butter,not very nice bread, crab that was so cold all you could taste was salt and battered smoked mackerel!!! Only thing good was the prompt service. Oh yes, and some staff had a bit of a body odour problem.

1 Thank Realitycat