Stayed here for 2 nights for the christmas markets and were horrified with what we got. Payment was taken before we had even arrived and £100 a night plus a £5 charge per day for on street parking was incredulous, if we hadn't have paid we would not have stayed as there are so many nicer B&Bs on the same road. This is defintly not 3 star, I have stayed inmuch nicer backpacker hostels. Room was very shabby, no matching furniture, curtain hanging off the rail, mould in the bathroom, very drafty, TV precariously balanced and cable plugged into multi socket just hanging from the plug. Lamp for single bed also had to be stretched onto this. Person in single bad had no view of the TV so was good job we didn't want it on. Bath towels were very small and threadbare. Beds however were comfy although pillows were disgusting and sheets had seen much better days. Now we come to breakfast, on the Lamp Post webite you will see that they boast the best breakfast in Bath - well that is a joke. No friendly welcome when we went down on both days, radio on so loud you had to shout, day 2 we had to share a table with another couple as the waitress couldn't be bothered to clear the dirty tables (what ever was on her phone was obvioulsy fascinating), dreadful filter coffee that I think must have been on for a week, no fruit or porridge or youghut and only orange juice available. Very minimal selection of cereals (only good for kids). No choice of toast you just get a slice each in a toast rack before they even take your order - who wants it then??? Also day 2 I ended up with no breakfast as despite being asked twice what we wanted twice the order was wrong and both times had bacon on the plate and being vegetarian this was unacceptable. I was so annoyed at this point but no aplology even. There is only one good point to this place and that is location HOWEVER there are so many B&B's in Bath all of which have got to be better than this.
Makesure you also take anything of value out with you when you go out during the day as when the rooms are being cleaned the doors are wedged open even if cleaner is not in the room- not very safe.
Anyone who has seen the episode of Only Fools and Horses where they have the Jolly Boys outing to Brighton and end up in Villa Bella well Villa Bella looks a palace in comparison to this place. We will be back to Bath at some point but will be staying at one of the other places that we scoped out while we were there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lamp Post Villa is an elegant Victorian Townhouse offering quality en-suite B&B accommodation with car parking in the center of Bath. Located just a few minutes walk from the city center, we cater for tourists and business people alike and aim to make your stay as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The friendliest B&B in Bath. Just ten minutes walk from the bus station and likewise ten minutes from Bath Spa train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Lamp Post Villa B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lamp Post Villa Bed And Breakfast
- Lamp Post Villa Hotel Bath