“Love it”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 28, 2012

Brilliant, as always. Have been coming here for years and have thoroughly enjoyed it every time. One of Baths finest

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Staying at the macdonald bath spa hotel and found this place. Had a look at reviews on trip advisor and read some good things so decided to give it a go as Chinese is my favourite. Well not anymore after eating here. We were welcomno I nto the restaurant. The service was fine, nothing outstanding but members of staff were pleasant. We decided on the all you can eat menu which is £20pp. Ordered 3 starters, seaweed, satay beef and veg spring rolls. 2 satay beefs came out, 2 spring rolls and some seaweed. The beef was incredibly spicy, my lips felt like they were on fire! The spring rolls were the worst I had ever had and the seaweed was like eating plastic. Awful texture and smothered in salt to give it some taste! My partner and I were dubious about what our main courses were going to be like but tried to remain positive. After our starter dishes were taken away the mains were immediately served. We had beef in satay sauce, honey roast pork, sweet and sour pork and beef in black bean sauce. Beef satay was spicier than spicy, honey pork was bland and beef in black bean didn't taste like beef! The sweet and sour pork was nice to start with,then I had a piece that was very chewy and horrible to which I had to spit it out into a tissue. Well it was black, so goodness knows what I was eating! Ugh made me feel sick. I couldn't bring myself to eat anymore. We had asked the waiter for two more drinks to which we never received also. £50 we had to pay for the awful experience, with a 10% service charge automatically added. It does state on the menu that 10% will be added so we were aware, but just begrudge after such a disastrous meal. Well we couldn't wait to leave and can safely say it is the worst meal we have ever had and hope we never have to endure one like it again.

2  Thank Kirsty96
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food was good and the staff were very attentive. Great wines there. We decided to have the set menu which was £20 each. We had more then enough. My husband had a starter of lamb chops and said they were the best he had eaten.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

Peking in Kingsmead Square close to the Theatre Royal. Owner Kwan Wong and his son have precided over this fine chinese restuarant, which has it's fair share of pop in celebrities. On one cassion I was dining there, someone ordered "champage finger bowls"

Albert is the maitre d. Peking Duck wrapped in fresh pancakes the speciality.

3  Thank edsantacruz
Reviewed June 8, 2012

Staff extremely friendly and take time to chat to you. Service very quick. Food amazing for the price. £20 all you can eat menu is probably the best choice overall. The price for two of us and a nice bottle of wine plus service was £70 which we thought is very fair. The best Chinese food I have had in a long time, loved the chicken in yellow bean sauce.