All reviews free wine and cheese no window rooms are small frosted glass queen room theatre royal hotel concept pod hotel without windows vino vino large tv on the wall internal room modern clean hotel usb sockets no natural light budget hotel south gate
Selected filters
Reviewed April 17, 2019 via mobile

Why stay in a travelodge, when you can stay here...
Cheaper per night...better quality and higher class!
When checking in I was told that my room had been upgraded for free..bonus!
And then informed about the complimentary cheese and wine evening that they between 5pm-8pm every night...Great if you like that sort of thing...but I don't drink and I don't like cheese...so I had an option of water and crackers, so I gave it a miss.
Room was presitine!

Trip type: Traveled solo
EDGAR D, General Manager at The Z Hotel Bath, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Z Hotel Bath.
We are delighted to hear that you were offered a complimentary upgrade making your stay more special with us.
Sorry to hear that you did not make the most of our cheese and wine however, we are glad to hear that you still had an enjoyable time with us.

Reviewed April 16, 2019 via mobile

I came here for a night with a friend before a spa day. We shared a queen room, which was compact but we slept so well and the bed was actually really spacious.
As for the hotel itself, it was brilliantly located, the staff were so friendly, and the little extras were just awesome, not least being the unexpected cheese and wine between 5 and 8pm which was incredible. Breakfast too was really cheap and although there was not loads of variety, it was perfect to set us up for the day.
The hotel is right near the bars and restaurants so if you don't fancy the cheese and wine then you can go to things on your doorstep; my friend and I went for a few drinks and a late dinner without going further than 200m of the hotel!
I was so excited about trying Z Hotels; as a travel buff I had read lots of articles about them and it did not disappoint. It really made me question why one spends more on hotels in big cities, but I think for the cost of this place you could stay in some real dumps. Definitely returning here!!

Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your heartwarming review. We are delighted that we exceeded your expectations and that you had a comfortable stay with us. All our hotels are situated in the heart of the city, so if location is of importance to you be sure to check out our other hotels in London, Liverpool an Glasgow.
Our cheese and wine buffet is a thank you to our guests or choosing to stay with us and we hope you will be able to join us again soon.

Reviewed April 15, 2019

Recently stayed in Z Hotel with my girlfriend. Staff were great. Room size was decent for what you pay. Location is perfect for those who want to experience everything Bath has to offer. The free cheese and wine is what put the icing on the cake for me though.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Ashleigh,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review.
We are delighted to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us, and we will be sure to pass on your compliment to the staff.
The Cheese and Wine buffet is a tank you on behalf of Z Hotel for choosing to stay with us.

We hope to see you again in the future, where you can join us for more wine and cheese.

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

My fiancée and I visited the Z Hotel for a gig at the Forum. It was ideally situated a short walk away, and a short walk from a long stay car park Absolutely perfect for our needs.

I booked us an accessible room as my fiancée has access needs, and this was no problem at all; we were given an accessible double room which was perfect for us.

The bathroom is adjacent through a frosted glass pane, but given that we live together and are in love this was not a problem for us at all- it was conveniently close to the bed!

We were thrilled with the Smart TV, which provided all the entertainment we could hope for, and being able to control the lights and AC practically from bed!

Checkout couldn't have been simpler, there was an express checkout where we handed our key card to a friendly member of staff and they just signed us out, ready to head home!

My only possible complaints would be that the bed was very very firm, but even this I don't mind as it suited my fiancée down to a T- and that there is no separate check in desk- it's done at the bar. Unfortunately we arrived around 7pm so the bar was very busy and loud, which meant it was difficult to hear the information about our stay.

Overall though we were both very pleased and will definitely be returning for future visits to Bath!

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank felickity
EDGAR D, General Manager at The Z Hotel Bath, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2019

Dear Guest,

First of thank you for your time for leaving your review and sharing your valuable thoughts with us.

We're so happy to hear that our accessible rooms suited you and your fiancee. It's always great to hear feedback on these rooms as we want each and every one of our guests to have a comfortable stay.
We also believe that having reception desk in the same place as our café helps us to manage our guests request more efficiently.
Nevertheless, thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to welcome you again in the future

Edgar D

Reviewed April 14, 2019 via mobile

Very minimalist rooms but for a one night stay in Bath couldn’t be better for value for money. Excellent location right in centre of Bath. Friendly welcome from staff good atmosphere in reception where free cheese and wine served. This made a lovely start to our stay. The rooms were clean and had everything you need. We paid a little more for a window but needn’t of bothered and we were overlooked by next building so just closed the blinds anyway. Bed comfortable and it was quiet throughout night. Would definitely use z hotels again .

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great review.

We pride ourselves on making your visit perfect, starting of course with a warm welcome.
We're so glad that you would consider using Z Hotels again in the future.

Edgar D