“The perfect place for afternoon tea”

The Regency Tea Rooms
Ranked #14 of 41 Coffee & Tea in Bath
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Set on the 2nd floor of the Jane Austen Centre is the elegant Regency Tea Room. We are Tea Guild members which ensures that you will enjoy high quality tea, food and service.The tea rooms have a lovely period atmosphere and very friendly staff.
“The perfect place for afternoon tea”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Everything was first class in this lovely bath tearoom. The staff were very friendly service great and the food was amazing. Thank you ladies we will be back.
Steve and Kay

Northampton
“Genteel tea room”
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely place to have tea or coffee after visiting the Jane Austen Centre. It is entirely in keeping with the rest of the establishment, offering a regency experience. Attentive service by costumed staff and exceptionally light scones made this an enjoyable experience,watched over by a portrait of Mr Darcy!

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Wonderful scones!”
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I spent a month in England and sampled scones (much too often) everywhere I went. The Regency served the best – and the largest! And two scones for the same price I paid for one in London. I arrived very late in the afternoon just before the tea room was closing but they welcomed me in. The manager was very gracious and friendly as were the waitresses. After a day spent sightseeing, it was a lovely way to wind down. Oh, and the tea was good, too!

• Visited October 2012
Canberra, Australia
“A lovely and friendly place to take tea”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

As others have mentioned the tea rooms are above the Jane Austen Centre in a period townhouse. As a result the tea rooms, like most other rooms in these houses, are a little small and parts of the building were in need of a little maintenance like most buildings of this age. Decorated in a cliched vintage style the rooms were not cluttered and were fairly comfortable, given there were only three tables seated at the time.
We ordered and received our food and drinks rather promptly given that there was only one very friendly and helpful staff member on. The tea was lovely, we drank the Austen Blend; when in Rome! Our food was also lovely and I so much appreciated that basically every menu item can come as gluten free. I was able to have sandwiches, on very lovely gluten free bread, and a huge slice of ginger cake without a single upset to my system.
As a previous review had said, yes this place is somewhat of a tourist trap, however it's a tourist trap that I enjoyed and found delightful. I love the Regency era and I also love to take tea. The fact that I got to do all these things in the beautiful city of Bath whilst sitting in a building older than my country was well worth it. I also found it to be fairly reasonably priced for what it was.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank aussiefemale23
“Best scone ever!”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

We were really looking forward to stuffing our faces with sandwiches and cake after a stroll around the museum. The extensive tea menu is fab and you get a massive pot for your money. I ordered the empress of peking which was lovely. My scone was freshly made and tasted amazing. The only let downs were the miserable staff (no smiles and it was plain awkward when they placed our food down without saying a word) and the very small portion of sandwiches and i wasn't served my food on a stand (probably due to the small space on the tiny table) apart from that the food is lovely and the tea even better, would visit again.

Been to The Regency Tea Rooms? Share your experiences!