“Good food, expensive drinks” 4 of 5 bubbles

Belushi's - Bath
Ranked #442 of 563 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: British, Pub, American, Bar, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff
Description: The home of Live Sport in Bath with killer Burgers, Happy Hour every day and a rockin' soundtrack to match.
“Good food, expensive drinks”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I've been to Belushi's a few times as it is somewhere where you can always guarantee that you will be able to watch sport. There are lots of screens so usually if you ask them to put a certain match on they are quite good about it. I ate there for the first time today. The food isn't as cheap as some places but you get a lot for your money and it is tasty. I really enjoyed my burger and noticed that there were a fair few interesting combinations on the menu. My only real issue with the place is that drinks are very expensive. I know that this is the same everywhere in Bath, but even soft drinks cost far more than most places, which is just unnecessary.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Good burgers great value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Disagree with other people's comments about this place.
We turned up with no reservation for lunch and staff kindly allowed us to use our taste card which made it brilliant value.
We really enjoyed our burgers and would highly recommend to others!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank albert525
Colchester, United Kingdom
“Shocking standard of food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stopping off in Bath prior to heading towards Longleat, I noticed this restaurant on Tastecard offering 50% off for parties of up to 6 people.

Our party of 4 stopped by, scanned the menu and went to order. I asked about Tastecard and was told that the restaurant was to be called an hour beforehand for us to use it, but was offered 25% off instead. I asked if I could book a table for an hours time and was told I could use the full 50% anyway as it was quiet and a stupid rule. Our orders of two fire burgers, a mega meat hotdog and a city burger, arrived in reasonable time.

Firstly the chips were soggy and extremely oily, so much so that the taste was overbearing and included all the small bits that are normally found at the bottom of the fryer. The sweet potato chips were burnt and tasteless, the burgers were small, being dwarfed by the bun, with the meat of poor quality, the hot dog was extremely cheap and tasteless and the 'fried onion' was raw. The saving grace was the 50% reduction in the price, as if we had paid full price our party would have first of all complained and also felt aggrieved.

This is possibly the worst restaurant I have eaten at, so would certainly recommend sticking to the decent selection of drinks served.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“Very Poor”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

A trip to bath took us to get a late meal and to watch the football at Belushis. Ordering drinks was fine and satisfactory but when it came to the food, it was a shocking experience. Ordered before the football game kicked off, so we could expect to finish the meal once the game had ended. Now ordering was a nightmare, staff were few and far between a busy night. Trying convey to the bar staff what we would like to order was beyond a joke. Once I went to sit down I had a good feeling that this food was not coming any time soon and I had doubts it would be correct. Enjoying the first half of the game there was still no food, so I went to order more drinks and check on the order. Reassured that it was on its way I went back to my seat. 15 towards the end of the game the food turned up. Now it was cold, it was burnt and there was no apology. Now the food tasted awful, overly greasy, overly salty and overly cooked. In addition the platter ordered had only two items on them from a range of 5. Now finishing around the final whistle I went to the bar for an explanation. I was told they were 'a bit busy' today and again no apology to the disgusting food and apalling service. There was no offer of a refund or a discount and apparently they didnt have the food on the platter, nice to know when it turns up. Never again will I visit this place in my life time.

• Visited April 2013
“Terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

We went to Belushi's on a Thursday night in April 13. We called earlier in the day to reserve a table as we were going to use our tastecard. We we arrived, around 7.30pm, we were literally the third and fourth people in the place. We went to a table and sat down and a waitress came over to us. I explained that we had booked a table and that we were using tastecard. Her English was so bad that she could not understand what I was saying, so I asked her to go and get her manager. Everything was sorted once he'd came over. We ordered our drinks which came promptly. She then took our orders for food. It must have taken us over five minutes to order the food (language barrier) and she never wrote anything down. As soon as she left the table I said to my wife that 'Something will go wrong' Sure enough the Waitress turned up 10 minutes or so later with our main courses. We said to her that we'd ordered starters, which again she never understood and again I asked for the manager, who saw the problem immeditaley. The food was returned to the kitchen and the manager explained that the Waitress was new and apolosied and said the starters would be with us shortly and our mains would be hot. I ordered chicken wings which were nice and my wife had coated prawns which were well over cooked. Afterwards, our main courses turned up and we had both ordered the Ribs. I have to say that the chips were too greasy (probably as they had been re-cooked) and the ribs were disgusing, far to hard to cut and to bite into, my wife's were the same (probably due to re-cooking again). The deal with tastecard was that all food was 50%, but we must have felt obliged as we paid, finished our drinks and left. I have to say that had received that sort of service and food in a proper Restaurant, rather than a tatty themed pub, we'd have not paid!

• Visited April 2013