“Reliable”

The Real Italian Pizza Co
Ranked #26 of 571 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A family run Italian pizzeria serving delicious pizzas cooked in our very own wood-fired oven.
Wokingham, United Kingdom
“Reliable”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

After having had a very positive experience at The Real Italian Pizza Company with our family a few years ago, we decided to make a return visit when we recently visited Bath. It did not let us down. The pizza was good, the staff were friendly and efficient. It was just the two of us this time, but the dining experience was equally enjoyable. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Bath, United Kingdom
“Fantastic ice-cream , shame about the service”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Our family go there all the time . Sometimes we don't take an ice cream as the flavours change on a daily basis. We find it slightly too expensive if it isn't one of our favourite flavours. Mine is the cherry meringue and my children LOVE the malteser both of which are world class. My children also love their "eat in crepes." Just wish someone else in Bath sold good ice cream because I hate handing over my money to the shop. The staff are arrogant, disinterested and sometimes rude. I must have been in there 50 times and no one
ever remembers us although having said that the staff change more than often than the weather here in Bath

Visited August 2013
TLCBath, Owner at The Real Italian Pizza Co, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Sorry to hear that despite visiting us over 50 times you still find the experience so awful.
As regards to price we are cheaper than Thorntons for a single scoop and cheaper than the street trader in Southgate for a single scoop, in fact over 50p cheaper for a single scoop cone.
The comments about our staff being arrogant, disinterested and rude combined with the fact that you hate handing over money to us is rather upsetting especially due to the fact that it is my father-in-law who is often situated at the till taking money and although he is not trained to Disneyland/Ronald McDonald customer service levels, he is actually a very nice chap, his level of English is not fantastic but if you speak Italian you could have a lovely chat.
Staffing at the ice cream shop is rather seasonal, strangely enough, and we need a considerable higher number of staff working during the summer school holidays than we do in the snowy and frosty months of the year. Our full-time year round staff include family, who have been helping in the shop since we opened, and three full-time members of staff who have been with us for over two years.
In response to the comment that it appears you are not remembered when visiting the premises, we are a busy little shop. I should add that for years I have visited the same place to buy my weekly local paper and the same petrol station to fill up my tank on a weekly basis and as yet have received no dinner invitations from either place.
north east england
“Omg”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

You have you go if you love ice cream like I do. Out of this world, really creamy ice cream. You can be a total hog and get 4/5 scoops. We just got a tub and shared it. We got the amaretto and coffee ice creams yummy

Visited July 2013
Bath, United Kingdom
“Superb pizza, atmosphere and service”
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

We were greeted at the door by the owner who was very friendly and got our drinks order straight away. The food came out pretty soon after ww ordered which was great as we didn't order any starters. Both pizza and calzone were delicious and generously sized. We used a voucher which was easily handled by staff. Been here a couple of times and will return soon as it ticks every box for a good meal out.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank sbi5ni
“Can't agree more with the name.”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

For an Italian food lover like me, it was the best pizza I had in the UK. Last time I had so good pizza was in Rome. The restaurant's name says it all, well done guys.

• Visited July 2013