“Good service, good pizza, accommodating manager”

The Real Italian Pizza Co
Ranked #23 of 598 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A family run Italian pizzeria serving delicious pizzas cooked in our very own wood-fired oven.
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Five stars if it could sort the starters out, overcooked and bland. Pizza was terrific, wine fairly priced, service excellent. Manager even honored a discount card even though he didn't know he was in the book! Would certainly eat pizza there again. Very good value.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My daughter told me I should visit for amazing ice cream.......and she was right. I am an ice creamaholic, if there is such a thing! We came here both days we were in Bath and I wasn't disappointed. It s made daily on the premises and the flavours change daily.
Cones are of good quality too and reasonably priced. A 2scoop cone was 2.80, around £3.60ish for 3 scoops. Day 1. I had 1 scoop of cherry, sweet and creamy with tangy cherries in sauce, and a scoop of amaretto, creamy, almondy with the occasional crunch of biscuit! Day 2 my first scoop was a rich smooth pistachio topped by a divine white chocolate and coconut ice cream. Most of the flavours day 2 were different to those seen the previous day showing the variety on offer. Don't take my word for it, try it yourself. I have rated this low for romance and special occasions purely because it is a cafe setting that suits the foods available.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Having noted the advice to avoid a seat near the dooe on cold nights, my wife and I were shown upstairs. Prompt cheerful service. Ordered pizza with fond memories of pizza in Italy and hoping for the eponymous experience. Not quite the same... maybe missing the warm sunny climate!... but better than the american distortion of pizza. Wine fine. Wanted something sweet and both ordered panna cotta with fruit compote because we love it- how good that sounded. Oh dear. A very rubbery white rounded mound surrounded by foam cream and dribbled over with that fruit syrup you get over icecreams as a child. I asked where the compote was and was told this was the fruit sauce, offered a change and chose chocolate (please leave the "cream"), neededn't have bothered as it turned out the same moinus the "cream" with chocolate sauce dribbled over. Oh dear. Took two mouthfulls out of mine but my wife ate hers and later wished she hadn't. Was it made with gelatine? Who knows? Anyway, not the panna cotta we know and love. Perfectly OK bottle of Montepulciano. Coffee (my espresso very good from machine but in stone cold thick china cup, so luke warm. About £50 for the two of us. Not really worth it.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We don't live in Bath so we didn't know this gem of a restaurant. We decided to buy a groupon voucher for two and booked a table on a wednesday night. From the outside the restaurant seems quite small but surprisingly the upstairs area were we sat is huge. Even more surprisingly the restaurant was packed on a wednesday. We then discovered that the reason for that was that they honour the orange wednesday offer and other competitors' offers. Still it felt reassuring that local people preferred to use their vouchers in this nice independent restaurant rather than the better known chains.
Although the place was really busy the staff was very attentive and friendly. They spoke Italian between each other which added to the atmosphere and even if we didn't understand what they were saying it sounded good. The food didn't take long to come and when we tried the pizzas we were blown away. Nothing like we tried before. Thin and crispy with generous amounts of great quality toppings. I am not sure if you can call a pizza classy but this certainly was the most amazing pizza we have ever tasted.
And at the end of the meal we were presented with a thank you letter written by the owner were she explained about the ethos beyond the restaurant and a voucher with a 50% discount to use in their sister restaurant, Joya. These guys really know what they are doing. Their other restaurant was as good if not better. Read our review about Joya. We also reccommend the icecreAm next door. Well done!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We opted for the sweet crepes, we picked 5 fillings (there were a lot to choose from) and had a scoop of ice cream on the side, along with a couple of coffees.
The staff were very friendly and helpful and the food was fantastic.
Right in the centre of Bath near the Abbey
We have returned numerous times and each experience has been excellent.