“Incredible Food”

Ranked #71 of 598 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: South American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Walk through the doors of Las Iguanas and find yourself transported to Latin America, full of rich, vibrant colours, quirky features and custom-made wooden mosaic tables made especially for the restaurant from sustainable woods in Brazil. Each restaurant is unique and the staff love bringing unusual things back from their travels, ranging from large lobster sculptures to giant drums. The philosophy of Las Iguanas is to serve delicious and authentic Latin American food and drink in an environment which evokes the very best of Latin life. With recipes dating back to the 16th century, the food successfully fuses native Latin American Indian, Spanish, Portuguese and African influences. Working hard to ensure that everything comes from the best possible source, Las Iguanas is proud of its fresh GM free food and top quality ingredients.
Reviewed April 10, 2014

First time to this chain and will definitely go again whether in Bath or one of the London branches. Waitresses happy to talk us through menu options including cocktails on 2 for 1. We went for 5 tapas dishes for £24 and the food was wonderful. Just the right amount for 2 people. The tastes and flavours were amazing. The sauce accompanying the gambas was fiery but so lovely. Only way to describe the chocolate cake is to liken it to eating a cake version of a Terry's Chocolate Orange. Lovely food, 2 desserts, 2 cocktails and a cider for £44. What's not to like? Wonderful

Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We popped in here before our trip to the spa, we were seated straight away given a chance to look over the menu and then our waiter came back to take our order, cocktails were lovely we ordered off the lunch menu great value for money big portions, nice tasty big food, our waiter was very attentive checking we had enough drinks if we wanted anything else etc the kind of service you would expect! Nice clean restaurant lovely decorations around the room If I'm back in bath I will return :)

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We popped in for an early dinner, tired and hungry after a day of shopping and left incredibly happy and full! We had tapas which was good value at 5 dishes for £24, the dishes were fresh, tasty and perfectly sized, and to top it off the cocktails were 2 for 1 as well! The staff were happy and chatty despite being busy and the overall atmosphere was great. We will be back!

Reviewed April 5, 2014

I really like Las Iguanas food but I have to say that the seating arrangements for parties of 2 really puts me off the Bath chain. By the window on a tiny raised area there are 2 strips of tables for 2 side by side about 60 cm apart - often resulting in a waiters bum in face situation! On this occasion though I was craving an Enchilada and decided to put up with the cramped conditions and having everything we said heard by the people on the next table! The shredded BBQ steak and jalapeno Enchilada did make up for it though, it was delightful. It was about 5pm when we dined and the restaurant was very full and quite rowdy for that time of day. If you like a lively atmosphere then it's not a problem but to be honest I could have done without cackling and whooping as the soundtrack to my dinner.

Dessert was a big disappointment, I had Churros which I expected to be a doughnut-y treat but they were so deep fried it was mostly greasy batter with a tiny bit of soft doughnut inside - it was like eating fish batter with sugar sprinkled on it. It was served with "chocolate ganache" which was a steaming hot pot of oily melted chocolate. My husband had the chocolate orange dessert which was "ok" but the ice cream was very disappointing.

For the Enchilada alone I'd give Iguanas 5/5 - the rest of the experience was a solid 3.

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Visited on a Thursday lunch time with work – we pre ordered the food as we only have an hour and the staff had it all ready to be served up nice and quickly for us. The lunch menu is really reasonably priced and the service was really good. I had the veggie enchilada, which was delicious followed by the chocolate orange fudge cake, also delicious. I love Las Iguanas and will definitely be returning.