“friendly, comfortable and convenient”

B&B Bathwick Gardens
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
B&B Bathwick Gardens
Ranked #132 of 157 Bath B&B and Inns
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“friendly, comfortable and convenient”
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed here with my daughter for just one night as we were visiting the university. It would have been nice to have stayed longer so I do hope to return at some time. We were made very welcome by a lady called Linda who was looking after the place while the owners were away. She was helpful giving us plenty of local information and she made us an absolutely delicous breakfast, it had everything you could want and was beautifully presented. I'm not fussy about presentation as long as it tastes good but it was a nice touch. The location was convenient for the university, just a short ride on a bus up the hill, and the bus stop was close by. Also it was only a few minutes walk into the city centre. Bath is beautiful place and I would love to explore it more and would not hesitate to stay at the Bathwick Gardens

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
london and tunis
Reviewed May 4, 2010

If you are looking for a place to stay in Bath, dont look any further,this is the place where you - be it a couple or be it a family- will enjoy being for a couple of days.
The B&B looks more like a mansion than a B&B, the managers of this place are just lovely, discret, understanding, cultivated, respectful and honest! that can we ask more than this !
I personnaly did not enjoy Bath as a whole as the food in the whole city was terrible and the weather did not help.But I loved my stay at the Bathwick Garden, it was just GREAT
Thank you guys !

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Exeter
Reviewed March 22, 2010

We stayed at Bathwick gardens for my hen weekend. We were a group of six ladies of all different ages. I found this lovely B and B on trip advisor in the first place and wanted to give someting back.

This B&B is very close to the centre of Bath which was my first motive for choosing it. We walked in to town easily several times during the trip. I took us only about 10 minutes. Some of us are slow walkers and tired easily, but it was still manageable. In the evenings we got a taxi back with "V Cars" on [--] and they were very quick to arrive each time and the taxi fare was only about £7.50.

I would say this accomodation is good value for money considering it's location. The inside is very grand with large rooms, high ceilings and authenic wallpaper. Both sides of the house have great views. The bathrooms are modern and sparkling clean.

Our beds were firm and had nice comfy duvets. There were plenty of space pillows and blankets. I slept very well.

The highlight for me was the friendly welcome. It is a private house and we definitely felt like house guests. I really enjoyed the amazing breakfast and friendly chatter in the huge kitchen.

Thank you very much for our wonderful stay! This B&B really is an excellent base for visiting the thermae bath spa, roman baths, abbey, shopping, cinema, restaurants and lots of culture!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
Birmingham
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I had a fantastic time here in Bath and really enjoyed my stay at Bathwick Gardens. The hosts made me feel very welcome and gave my stay in Bath a lovely and personal touch. The whole house was kept immaculately clean and the en-suite room I stayed in was very well furnished and nicly presented. In the morning I enjoyed a very well cooked and nicely presented Full English Breakfast. The kindness and helpfulness of both, Mechthild and Julian, was outstanding and makes Bathwick Gardens a very special place for visitors to Bath.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
Melbourne
Reviewed August 24, 2009

A beautiful Regency house with modern comforts. You feel like you've stepped back in time to Regency Bath, but you have immaculately clean spacious rooms, large comfortable beds and large tiled ensuite. We parked our car off street behind the coach house. Breakfast was a choice of either full English or continental - we had continental which was delicious and ample. This was served in the beautiful family kitchen where we chatted to the hosts Mechthild & Julian over breakfast. They are a gracious friendly couple who made us extremely welcome. Bathwick Gardens is their home and we felt privileged that they shared this beautiful residence with us. It is located opposite Sydney Gardens and just a 10 minute stroll along historic streets over the bridge to the centre of Bath. We loved our stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Llandysul, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I was having my hen weekend (i.e. 5 mature women) and Julian and his wife couldn't have been more helpful and accomodating - our numbers and requirements changed almost every day. We all stayed in the coachhouse annexe and we were all struck how comfortable, stylish and cosy it was. All my guests vowed to return to this delightful B&B. Breakfast was offered in the garden as it was a very sunny morning.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 21, 2009

This is a beautiful house from the Georgian period that has been restored and offers a wonderful b&b service to visitors to Bath. The owners are extremely friendly, welcoming and professional, and breakfast in the morning is tailored to each guests needs. The rooms are fairly large, beautifully presented with thoughtful touches, and the room we stayed in was en-suite. The location is ideal for anyone hoping to explore Bath - it is a ten minute stroll to the historic centre of Bath, along the lovely Great Pulteney St. Bathwick Gardens itself is located on a peaceful street so that you escape a little when you return in the evening.
Other reviews that I had read before going there said that guests had to leave between 10 and 6, but I guess they have changed their approach since we were given a front door key and could come and go as we pleased.
I would really recommend this place as a great place to stay for a trip to Bath.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends