“Regency Bath with modern comforts”

B&B Bathwick Gardens
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bath
B&B Bathwick Gardens
Ranked #129 of 154 Bath B&B and Inns
Melbourne
“Regency Bath with modern comforts”
Reviewed August 24, 2009

A beautiful Regency house with modern comforts. You feel like you've stepped back in time to Regency Bath, but you have immaculately clean spacious rooms, large comfortable beds and large tiled ensuite. We parked our car off street behind the coach house. Breakfast was a choice of either full English or continental - we had continental which was delicious and ample. This was served in the beautiful family kitchen where we chatted to the hosts Mechthild & Julian over breakfast. They are a gracious friendly couple who made us extremely welcome. Bathwick Gardens is their home and we felt privileged that they shared this beautiful residence with us. It is located opposite Sydney Gardens and just a 10 minute stroll along historic streets over the bridge to the centre of Bath. We loved our stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Llandysul, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 24, 2009

I was having my hen weekend (i.e. 5 mature women) and Julian and his wife couldn't have been more helpful and accomodating - our numbers and requirements changed almost every day. We all stayed in the coachhouse annexe and we were all struck how comfortable, stylish and cosy it was. All my guests vowed to return to this delightful B&B. Breakfast was offered in the garden as it was a very sunny morning.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed June 21, 2009

This is a beautiful house from the Georgian period that has been restored and offers a wonderful b&b service to visitors to Bath. The owners are extremely friendly, welcoming and professional, and breakfast in the morning is tailored to each guests needs. The rooms are fairly large, beautifully presented with thoughtful touches, and the room we stayed in was en-suite. The location is ideal for anyone hoping to explore Bath - it is a ten minute stroll to the historic centre of Bath, along the lovely Great Pulteney St. Bathwick Gardens itself is located on a peaceful street so that you escape a little when you return in the evening.
Other reviews that I had read before going there said that guests had to leave between 10 and 6, but I guess they have changed their approach since we were given a front door key and could come and go as we pleased.
I would really recommend this place as a great place to stay for a trip to Bath.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Reading
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We've stayed here twice and thoroughly enjoyed our visits. We were warmly welcomed by our hosts. We enjoyed being in a beautifully decorated Regency Bath house. Accommodation was very comfortable at the top of the house (no distraction of tv) with excellent ensuite shower. We enjoyed being able to walk everywhere from the house and a delicious and filling breakfast set us up for the day. It was like being in a home rather than a b&b.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Oxford
Reviewed April 28, 2009

This is a stunning house with very elegant ,beautiful rooms and yet the warm welcome made one feel at home. Breakfasts were a leisurely affair with the hosts taking their time to chat with us which really increased the feel of being a house guest, we almost felt as though we could have chatted all morning, but the sites of Bath were calling.
Bath is a great city to visit - there are so many interesting historical buildings to see, great places in which to eat, and as for shopping!
So the combination of this lovely bed and breakfast and Bath make for a great time away. A place not to be missed!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
London
Reviewed April 16, 2009

Bathwick Gardens is a lovely B&B, the room we were in was very comfortable and the bathroom was very clean, the house in general was just lovely, other than the fact that it was a bit cold.

However, everything went down hill on the first morning when after breakfast at around 10 ish ( breakfast was nice) we went back to our room to relax a bit before heading out when I heard someone banging in the door and shout something like "we are ready to leave!" I was quiet astonished as to why one of the guests would do that so I ignored it. By that point I had only met 2 ladies running the B&B.
After another 15 minutes or so there was another bang, by this time I had a towel on and was just about to get into the shower , I opened to door to see a gentleman there telling me that he and his wife are ready to leave and that we should have been out of the house by 11 am! I thought to myself this is very strange, and told him we just need to have a shower and we will be out.
To cut a long story and several bangs on the door short we were told that we had to be out of the house at 11am not to return until 6pm! We were told that once the owners left the house all the guests had to leave not to return until they got back!
After deliberating on the situation my partner and I decided to quit the B&B because we came to Bath to relax which for us meant going out to discover the place at our own pace and leisure with the option of returning to our room as and when we pleased hence why we chose a place that was close to the city centre. And for the price we paid for it as well it was just unacceptable to be treated in this way!
When we advised the couple (I later found out that the man banging the door was the lady's husband) we were told that this is a "B&B not a hotel" so we should expect to have breakfast and a bed and leave for the day! I advised that this was the first time I had ever experienced such treatment at a B&B and that all places I had been to provided me with a key so that I could come and go as I pleased. The lady told me this was on their website; I had browsed their website and had seen nothing of the sort – this sort of information should be in red with flashing lights!
In the end we went to a hotel which was not too far from the B&B, was cheaper, just as nice, and we were even allowed to check out late at 1pm on Sunday afternoon! :o)

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Enjoyurlife
London
Reviewed April 15, 2009

The building is beautiful and well located. Our bedroom was right at the top (lots of stairs) and was very sweet- and used in the film Persuasion! It is styled beautifully and the rooms are like staying in Austens time. There is no tv, though there are books about Bath and a radio. The bathroom was wonderful with the most amazing power shower ever. I could have stayed in it forever! However, the bed was rock hard and we did not sleep very well.

The hosts were lovely, though we had not realised on booking that it is not really a B&B, it is a private home where people live, but they have 3 rooms at the top of the house they use for guests. Because of this the times you can come and go have to be pre-arranged and the hostess called us on both days of our stay to check when we would be returning.

The bedrooms also cannot be locked from outside, I imagine because it is someones private home, but again we found this a little unusual.

The breakfasts were lovely- very filling- and we were given helpful advice about where and when to visit.

If you want to feel like a house guest this is perfect. They are friendly and helpful and it is beautifully done. If you want to book a room in Bath and do as you wish by yourselves then I would choose somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple