“A class act”
Review of Bistro La Barrique - CLOSED

Bistro La Barrique
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Delicious food and attentive staff. The lunchtime petit plats and side dish proved more than ample at this inviting restaurant, which we hit on by chance the last time we were in Bath. Another visit soon is on the cards.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Had a delicious and really well-priced lunch. Lunch menu was excellent, with six equally delicious dishes shared between my wife and myself. Staff were very friendly, had a nice chat with the owner as we were the last out before closing after lunch (and not rushed out at all).

Really glad we stumbled upon this place. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Popped in on off chance as menu seemed good, 2 petit plats & a side for under £10 in Bath, not to be missed. Liked the inside, quiet despite being busy, simple. Was welcomed and waitress took our coats, good start. Food arrived and looked lovely, plenty enough for lunch. Food was delicious, beautifully presented and hot. Owner Michel came over for chat. This is a quaint place, a bit like Cafe Rene without the cast. I will definately go back. I had the venison and belly pork with haricot beans in one petit plat and honey glazed chicken, daughter had the vegetarian options (yes there were some nice ones) we had bread and chips as sides, wonderful, too full for desserts, but what we saw looked rather yummy,

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We lunched at La Barrique on 28 December 2013 on the recommendation of one of our party. We chose the inclusive "petits plats" menu, which turned out to be interesting, permitting the sampling of a number of dishes without appearing like a complete glutton. It was also very good value. Service was friendly and helpful. My only quibble would be with the rather long time (I can't be precise, but it seemed long) we had to wait for our chosen dishes to appear, and in this respect I think we had given the wrong answer when asked whether we wanted them brought "all together" or "when ready". Opt for the latter for preference.

2  Thank IainMackay
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I came to this restaurant with my family for dinner on a Saturday evening. We managed to reserve a table a few days before and a good thing too as it was packed the entire time we were there. Although im not a great lover of French cuisine i decided to give it a go and was pleasantly surprised with the petite plats style menu. As we decided to go for 2 mains each we managed to get a good variety of the food which was fairly nice although some dishes lacked certain elements that would make it perfect. The desserts were delicious and the owner Michel was kind enough to give us a complimentary shot of honey rum, which definitely went down smoothly. A very nice experience and would recommend to friends.