“Favorite Meal in Bath”
Review of Bistro La Barrique - CLOSED

Bistro La Barrique
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We selected Bistro La Barrique for a pre-theatre meal based on glowing TA reviews and thoroughly agree with the recommendations. It was simply a lovely meal and my favorite across top Bath restaurants. Service was welcoming and attentive. The only difficulty was choosing between the tantalizing menu choices! We particularly enjoyed the seafood tart and salmon with puff pastry small plates. There was plenty of time for a cappucino and apple tart before heading to the theatre. A wonderful experience.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Had an excellent evening here with friends loved the small dishes some of which we shared. Unusual to have so many good quality wines by the glass. Well looked after by owner and team. Will certainly visit again recommended

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was yet another memorable evening with delicious friends, eating delicious food in a fabulous atmosphere. Thank you for such a special night. It was SO good, we are going tomorrow night as well. I am getting excited already!!! YUM!

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is my second visit to Bath, living in London. I was looking for a quiet restaurant prompt service and food as my wife and I were off to the theatre which is situated around the corner from this gem of a restaurant.
We chose the pre-theatre menu and could choose 2 "petit plats" and one side order for £12.95.
I chose the seabass on a bed of split pea and bacon puree, the wild mushroom flan and a potato gratin as my side order. The food was beautiful, service was prompt and the french man who was the owner of the establishment made my wide and I feel like we were tucked up in a Parisian Bistro in the heart of Paris.
We had time for coffee and desserts all in an hour and a half and finally strolled down to the theatre extremely satisfied.
Will definitely return and can highly recommend.

1  Thank janebennet665
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The walled garden of this place is one of the nicest spots in Bath on a sunny day. The dishes are French tapas style and the ten quid lunch deal is one of the best deals in Bath.

The style of cooking is probably best described as hearty and simple - the dishes are fairly small but packed with clear flavours and textures and the chance to mix and match makes for a good choice.

One slight note of caution; it was empty last Valentine's Day evening, which I don't understand at all