“Wow ! Amazing ! Brilliant ! Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bodhi House

Bodhi House
Ranked #49 of 160 Bath B&B and Inns
Romford
“Wow ! Amazing ! Brilliant ! Superb!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Just Wow! An amazing B&B located a 20 minute walk away from the centre of Bath, but less than 5 minute journey in a taxi! Catherine & James always offered lifts if they were available, what a wonderful touch. Extremely clean & well maintained. We had the double bedroom with the balcony, such a lovely room. Amazing Shower.

Catherine & James, both down to earth owners who will go out of their way to ensure that their guests are happy and comfortable.

What more can you ask for?
I would strongly recommend this B&B when staying in the City of Bath!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed at this B&B for 2 nights in August 2013. This was a last minute booking and having spoken to mostly rude and snotty establishments (who behave as if you are actually doing THEM a favour if you book a room) it was refreshing to speak with Catherine who was very down to earth and friendly. In brief, this B&B is very clean, comfortable beds, great shower and complimentary quality toiletries. Breakfasts are superb and substantial with something to suit everybody. This is served in the open plan kitchen/diner which has a very relaxed feel and does not feel clinical in the slightest as in so many establishments. The B&B may not be located in the heart of Bath but it is literally a very pleasant 20-25 minute walk to the centre. Catherine and her husband - both delightful and might I add funny - even kindly offered to give us a lift. Bath is extremely popular with visitors and as a result B&B's/hotels are never short of clientele and therefore come across as very complacent verging on rude. There are many establishments to choose from in Bath, some are wonderful such as the boutique hotels however you will be hard pressed to find a nicer B&B than Bodhi House with such warm hospitality. Can highly recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was really disappointed when I searched for availability at Bodhi House only for the results to come back unavailable. I decided to contact the property directly and was delighted when Catherine was able to offer us exactly what we needed. On arrival both Catherine and Jamie were lovely and allowed us to leave our things securely along with dropping us into the centre. During the drive Jamie gave us as much information as possible on what to do, where to go, etc.

The views from the guest house are unbelievable and definitely worth staying slightly out of the centre, there's a table and chairs were we enjoyed a few glasses of wine. The room was perfect, clean, comfortable and had everything we needed - even straighteners!

Now for the piste de resistance - the breakfast. I would highly recommend the breakfast stack. After enjoying a wonderful choice of fruit, cereals and juices watching the jealous faces as Jamie brought my breakfast over was very entertaining. The presentation was amazing and the taste even better, all of the other options look amazing too!

I have absolutely nothing negative to say about this place and can't recommend it highly enough. Both Catherine and Jamie couldn't have been any more friendly and the perfect hosts. Don't look anywhere else, unless they are actually fully booked.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
AUSTRALIA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed at this B & B in July and were very happy. Catherine & Jamie were very hospitable and couldn't do enough to help us. The lifts into Bath were very helpful as was the information given by Jamie. The breakfast was great and the room was clean and comfortable. The view from our room was really lovely, especially at night with the sunset in the distance. I would highly recommend Bodhi House and would stay again if in Bath.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Christine J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

We stayed at Bodhi House for one night during a recent visit to Bath. Even though we arrived in the middle of the day, the owners were incredibly welcoming and gave us a quick driving tour of the city before we started our own sightseeing. The family room was very comfortable, nicely equipped, and warmly decorated. At breakfast, we had a choice of several home-cooked meals with fresh ingredients--each one we tried was fantastic!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chichester West Sussex
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

Having travelled to bath and stayed over the last twenty years this was a gem of a find best I have ever stayed in. Catherine and Jamie were fantastic hosts nothing to much trouble even gave us a lift into Bath our first evening breakfast was great as much as you could eat all cooked freshly room was lovely and views over Bath were to die for and sitting out in the evening or day was lovely will be staying here in future on the various times I have to visit even though I have stayed in some nice previous B and B this was the best as nothing beats the personal touch which you get from Catherine and Jamie along with everthing else I have said .

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but the ones with the balcony give excellent views over bath and you can sit outs...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rafferju
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

On my visit to Bath this week, I thought carefully about where to stay and chose Bodhi House.

The reviews on Tripadvisor are pretty great and the pricing seemed perfectly sensibly pitched for a summer three day trip for one person. By the way, it's worth booking directly through their own website. I have no association with them and you'll see from my other reviews that I'm a pretty harsh critic. I was glad to have a positive experience...

Catherine and Jamie went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The room was quite spacious with fresh white linens, my towels folded at the base of the bed and topped with two strands of their signature lavender.

The bathroom had a large walk-in shower and Neals Yard toiletries (some of my favourites!). I got settled in really easily and provided input for the morning's breakfast.

Guests are served in the B&B's magazine-perfect kitchen. The colours are soothing, the tables well enough spaced for the private, but close enough for guests to collaborate and share ideas about where to go and how to get there. Breakfast began with a large bowl of fresh fruit and granola and continued with delicious rosemary-scented sausages, a really tasty rasher and properly-made poached egg. Really outstanding quality. Some other guests were sitting outside on the sun terrace so that looked like a nice option for a sunny day.

One remarkable thing which sets this family team apart is their offer to help. Two things stand out. First of all, I was taking a course at the Bertinet Cookery School and they offered to drop me in to the city centre, saving either a taxi fare or parking fees. I took up that offer and saw that Bath's busy centre isn't particularly amenable to out-of-town drivers. So this was a great 'sets-us-apart' feature. Secondly, my poor car suffered a flat tyre and Jamie took my tyre to be fixed while I was out all day. I mean, that's fantastic. He didn't even think twice about it. I came back and he had sorted everything out. He is a real gentleman.

Staying at Bodhi is like staying with the part of your family you don't see often and that you actually really like. You are enveloped in the Bodhi world as a temporary uncle or cousin and made to feel welcome and feel part. One can't but help feel that the children of the house will be terribly well-adjusted due to their exposure to so many different kinds of people and cultures and their confidence in dealing with everyone.

The garden merits a quick special mention... the plants are strewn carefree around the borders and dance in a riot of mellifluous colours. Each evening - in place of a pricy option downtown - I brought back the bread made on my course, plus some drinks and cheese from Waitrose. I felt welcome to do this and make the garden my own.

Bodhi is certainly a place to have a comfortable stay, but also to feel included, well-fed and welcome! Well done them! (See pics and my full review at thepatrickpostDOTcom - all my reviews are fully independent).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo