“Bland”

Jamie's Italian
Ranked #146 of 571 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian, European, Soups
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BATH A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Set in a gorgeous Georgian conversion in Milsom Place, right in the heart of the town, Jamie's Italian Bath is a great spot for midweek lunches, weekend dinners and everything in between. It also has a chic rooftop terrace boasting some amazing views - the ideal spot for al fresco dining on a sunny day. If you're looking to host a private event or a meeting you can also exclusively hire the Georgian room for up to 28 people, or the bright and spacious upstairs area accommodates up to 70 guests.
Bath, United Kingdom
“Bland”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

The food is bland and service slow - I went because of the name but the food is poor quality, you would do better using one of his books and cooking at home. or better still they should use his cookbooks and make it there. Will not be returning.

• Visited June 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Bath, United Kingdom
“Nice sharing vegeterian platter”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

the staff where very accommodating and adapted a dish especially for my dietary needs which was very much appreciated

• Visited August 2013
Abertillery, United Kingdom
“Go for it!”
Reviewed January 6, 2014 via mobile

I went to Jamie's Italian on Sunday, with my husband and my 85 year old mother in law. We had no idea what to expect as we have never been to a JO restaurant before.

On entering the restaurant the very friendly waitress took our details and checked us in. She said, "I have given you a window seat but the table is quite small, would you like a table with more space?" We agreed and were swiftly taken to a roomier spot.

The waiter who was allocated to our table was amazing. Friendly, informative and nothing was too much trouble. They brought us table water while we settled in and gave us plenty of time, it was relaxed, no rushing you in and out.

He gave us some recommendations e.g. The specials for the day etc.

We ordered two starters between three of us from 'the plank' menu, an oblong chopping board one meat, one veggie as the hubby doesn't eat meat. The veggie one had all sorts of veg, char grilled, salad, raw, spicy. The meat plank had chorizo, Parma ham, peppers, salad, cheese and chilli jam etc. one plank was plenty for 2.

For mains my hubby got the salmon and me and the Mother in law had steak. The food, especially the 'posh' chips was cooked to perfection and there was plenty of it. We ordered two sweets, the chocolate brownie with popcorn and a jazzed up lemon meringue.

With two rounds of drinks the whole lot came to £88 which for a special occasion, in a nice place was excellent value.

If I was to nit-pick, I would say, they need better steak knives but the steak was so tender it didn't really matter...... I want to try the one in Cardiff now...watch this space!

Visited January 2014
Stratton, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Jamie's Italian - Bath - BRILLIANT”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

Went to Jamies's on the 29th December with my husband, daughter in law and granddaughter and it was superb. It was our first visit here. We had a little bit of a wait, but we didn't mind, we had a few drinks in the bar and savoured the atmosphere. It was very busy, but everthing was so well organised and ran well. The Manager and his staff were all working really hard and provided a friendly and efficient service. My husband and I visited Jamie's again on Saturday 4th January - we'd been shopping in Bath and thought ... Jamie's again! ... Why not??!! We had a drink in the bar and were shown to our table within 15 minutes. Perfect again. The staff all work extremely hard. The atmosphere was fab. The Burgers were amazing, the funky garlic chips were out of this World and the Lasagne was simply delicious. Love the way the food is served and how the atmosphere is so cosy and relaxed when eating. Will definitely eat here again. A great experience. Well done to all the staff who work their socks off there as well, it's great to see the happy morale. Our visits were enjoyable and made great memories. Value for money.... "spot on". Highly recommended.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Davesdaughter
Tarxien, Malta
“Glad I finally ate there”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

This year I was able to book a table at Jamies, and so glad I did.
The ambiance was warm and relaxing and the staff polite and helpful.

I started with a Mushroom and smoked Mozzarella tart which had a filo base and had a perfect balance of flavours, followed by Penne Carbonara " Served Roman style with crispy pancetta, wilted leeks & a lemony, creamy Parmesan sauce ". As I now live in Malta I am well used to Italian food and felt this was slightly flavoured to suit the English taste, but that was all the better. I really enjoyed the light lemony taste and ate every bit ( wiping with my finger at the end - well I couldn't lick the dish could I !).

My sister eats there regularly and said that the service and quality of food is consistently very good. There is the added advantage for any tourist - if you eat upstairs, there are some good views of Bath and I'm sure the staff would point out places of interest.

I noticed some poor reviews of this restaurant - remember this is an Italian Restaurant not a McDonalds.

• Visited December 2013