Jamie's Italian
Ranked #176 of 603 Restaurants in Bath
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: JAMIE'S ITALIAN BATH A partnership between Jamie Oliver and his Italian mentor, chef Gennaro Contaldo, Jamie's Italian has won thousands of fans for its delicious and affordable food since launching their first restaurant in Oxford in May 2008. The Jamie's Italian menu is based on dishes you'd find people eating all over Italy, made with care but delivered without fuss. The family-friendly restaurants are all about serving up rustic, Italian food made using the best possible ingredients, plus fresh pasta that's made on-site every day, and an award-winning children's menu, too. Set in a gorgeous Georgian conversion in Milsom Place, right in the heart of the town, Jamie's Italian Bath is a great spot for midweek lunches, weekend dinners and everything in between. It also has a chic rooftop terrace boasting some amazing views - the ideal spot for al fresco dining on a sunny day. If you're looking to host a private event or a meeting you can also exclusively hire the Georgian room for up to 28 people, or the bright and spacious upstairs area accommodates up to 70 guests.
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I always try to take other reviewers opinions into consideration when writing my own review, and must say that our experience was unlike most of the less positive reviews, and miles away from the negative reviews. We dropped in on spec, and were greeted politely and efficiently, and taken to our table, overlooking the street, (but not in a window) immediately. We were handed food and drinks menus, and the waitress came back after a few minutes to take our drinks order. We had questions about the beers and rose wine, which she answered very well. The drinks were served promptly, and our food order taken a few minutes later. We were a party of three adults, with a limited budget, so ordered two starters, toasted foccacia with three cheeses, and a selection of Italian breads with oil and balsamic dip, which we shared. There was a few minutes wait for our starters, but the food then appeared in a relaxed, but timely, way. As a starter there was ample for the three of us. My wife had the prawn linguine, stepson had the sausage, and I had the chicken. The linguine was excellent, juicy prawns, rich and creamy sauce, and the linguine just on the soft side of al dente. The sausages were well received, and the plate cleared, whilst my chicked was beautifully cooked, but may have been too salt for a more delicate palette than mine. The side order of chips were almost excellent, one was very slightly undercooked. My wife and I shared a dessert, the almond and ice cream, whilst stepson had a liquer, a 'Tuaca', which I tried, and much prefer to Limoncello. The bill, for a bottle of rose, two beers, a liquer, two starters, three mains and a dessert came to just over £80, which I consider very good value for money, both for the standard of food and service, and the location. My wife says I should give this restaurant a 5 star rating, but the undercooked chip and slightly oversalted chicken means I cannot give a full house of 5 stars.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,818)

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Having heard Jamie harp on for weeks on heart about how good his prawn linguini is I decided to go and try it...... The starter was good, small for the price but good..... The prawn linguini on the other hand was dreadful, the pasta was hard and the sauce was grainy like it came out of a ragu jar... light years away from what was described on the radio..... My girlfriend had the risotto and was equally disappointed it tasted as though the main constituent was lemon juice.... Disappointing Jamie...... Have a word!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Terrible Service, Tiny portions, waited 2hs for a table. Over managed. The worst restaurant in bath.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

Having had a bad experience the last time I ate in Café Rouge in Bath, I wanted to try somewhere different. I decided to give Jamie's Italian a chance. I'm not a great fan of these type of places, I usually find them to be a let down, overpriced and trading on the name of the chef. Most of them are no better than any other 'chain' of restaurants. First impressions weren't great, they had cocked up our reservation. Not very good since we only made it 45 mins beforehand. When we sat at our table we greeted by our waiter in a timely manner. The order was taken, and the food and drinks arrived without fuss, or delay. The food itself was nothing out of this world, it was nice, and that is about all I could say about it. I certainly wouldn't queue to get a table, I would happily find somewhere else if it was full. I would happily eat there again, but wouldn't be disappointed if I couldn't get a table.
One thing I did like was the viewer for the kids menu, a nice touch.

Reviewed August 14, 2013

3 retired ladies were given courtesy and a good food experience when we called into lunch on a sunny day. We ate on the terrace and offered sun cream in case we felt we were getting burnt!!! The waiter told us in such flowery language the specials of the day - ooh, and our tiredness disappeared! We had beautifully cooked food, presented well and served professionally. The bill was acceptable. On the way out, we eagerly listened to our waiter tell newcomers the specials of the day - ooh! He was from Sicily.